Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193736 times)

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #530 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »
I'm glad you weren't hurt, enzo. What a headache.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #531 on: March 27, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
My understanding is along the lines of jdc, last car in a pile-up is at fault in this sort of thing.

enzobot24

« Reply #532 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:05 AM »
Yeah, pretty headache inducing.

I was a good 10-15 feet behind the car in front of me (I was almost at a complete stop too). This 20-year-old woman behind hit me hard and closed that gap damn fast.

She said she didn't see me stopping.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:55:04 AM by enzobot24 »
Most recent DVD purchase: A Very Long Engagement
Most recent Blu-ray purchase: Paprika

Totoro

« Reply #533 on: April 06, 2011, 12:36:27 AM »
_____, when a relationship stops working there's not usually much point in talking about reasons. I think maybe we were together at the wrong time in our lives, with me leaving for college. i always felt that i came second to everything for you, and while that's completely fair, that doesn't work for me. I felt insecure with you a lot of the time, and that wasn't good for either of us .I think it was difficult for you to have a girlfriend that wanted to see you more than once every couple of weeks. it was just hard because it made me seem clingy. let's try to remember the wonderful times we had.

Closure.  :-\  :'(  ???

I tugged her for it over FB. Wide range of emotions. Of course she blames me. Of course.

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #534 on: April 06, 2011, 02:23:36 AM »
I have had no internet since last friday - the phone line at home is broken. I have only had very short sporadic internet access at work too. If I wasn't so busy I would use the non-internet time to watch films, but alas I already have a mountain of marking sitting around, and a conference article to finish by friday arvo........   :'(
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

Totoro

« Reply #535 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »
WOW. I found out on FB that she's now dating a 30 year old guy. Not only that, but she met him while I was still with her. She's only 18. She fell for him when they met.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #536 on: April 08, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »
WOW. I found out on FB that she's now dating a 30 year old guy. Not only that, but she met him while I was still with her. She's only 18. She fell for him when they met.

Sounds a lot like I went through. I had expressed some concerns about a mutual friend (something about him wanting to gift her something worth $1500 while she was dating me and how that wasn't an innocent friendly gift) who my ex described as "like an older brother." As things were falling apart she admitted she loved him and within a year was dating him even though she was 18 and he was 31. Lesson learned, girls always want to screw their older brothers, especially if they are of greater means.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #537 on: April 08, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »
Being peeved at DirecTV. Due to the horrendously unprofessional actions of one of their installers I have already canceled my service before it even began. We made an appointment for between 4-8 tonight, then he shows up at 2 when there's no one at the apartment, calls the landlord to let him in, tracks mud all throughout the apartment, turns my PS3 on without turning it back off and left without installing a thing. The landlord, who is a bad person to begin with, has decided to fine us for having to let him in, even though we never wanted him let in and didn't authorize him showing up early when he did. On top of this the landlord has decided to put a new lease addendum into the new leases that come up in a few months that no one will be allowed to have DirecTV and she's telling everyone it's because of us. I was really looking forward to the channels DirecTV offered and to leaving Comcast's crappy service and bloated prices behind, but now thanks to an idiotic installer I'm right back where I started. :(

Pseuds

« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »

I haven't been in the forum for a while, after 2 1/2 years of operations my father recently found out he may loose his leg due to a serious infection in his knee. This was caused by a woman who ran a stop sign whilst he was on his way home on his motorcycle. The woman on the other hand has only  lost her licence for six months and was slapped with a fine equal to a parking ticket. He's had about eight operations on his wrist, pelvis and knee and no matter how many times you think it can't get any worse, it does. To make things that little bit more depressing,  I have a very sick grandfather in New Zealand but as I'm starting a new job, there's little possibility I'll get to see him before he passes away.
He made me feel like a third class witch doctor.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #539 on: April 10, 2011, 08:52:30 AM »
That's sad, pseudo3D.  I hope things work out for you and yours.
Texan Down Under

love