love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193729 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 11:16:56 PM »
wow, that sounds terrible. hope everything heals quickly
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
So...my mom is a heart translant recipient.  She's had it for about 7 years now.  The average life expectancy is about 5.  Problem is that once you've gotten the transplant, you're on 12 meds a day.  Two for the immune suppression and 10 to combat the side effects of the first two.  Because of the meds and the condition, every ailment that comes up from a scrape on the arm to the common cold is a huge friggin deal and necessitates a hospital visit. 

Well what happened was three weeks ago she was having all kinds of complications with her blood pressure and ended up in ICU and things weren't looking good -So we all flew to Houston .  Things have since stabilized and I'm back home now.  But of course we're all on pins and needles waiting for the next episode.  Me and my five endlessly penny-pinching siblings are squabbling over pricey long-term-care options - which sucks all around twice over.

A lot of other interfamiliar Rachel-getting-married type shite went down during the visit but I'll spare y'all all that.

There were a ton of people that expressed their thoughts and concerns over PM here at Filmspotting.  That was very very nice to get (but I feel a bit funny getting sympathy for ailments my Mom is suffering)  - sorry if I didn't write back....but they were read and appreciated :)

Anyways I'm now in the mood to get distracted by movies again - Maybe some more up-beat fare for the time being.  Maybe Funny People (just kidding there)

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »
Glad things are stable, ferris.  Good to have you back around.

Sorry about John H., though.  :'(

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »
Glad things are stable, ferris.  Good to have you back around.

Sorry about John H., though.  :'(

pixote

I know :(  !!

Although it has been fun listening to all the podcasts and articles do their little tributes.  I don't feel as defensive loving those old movies as much as I do!
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 05:10:07 PM »
Sorry to hear you've been having stressful times ferris. Hope everything stays calm for a bit. And definitely glad to have you back around here!

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2009, 01:49:58 AM »
Yes, really glad you're back, ferris. Thanks for the update. Hoping for the best with your mom.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 06:44:34 AM »
Julianne Moore is not allowed to post in this thread.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2009, 04:45:40 AM »
I'm gonna go deal with some self-inflected misery for a day or two or three or whatever.  Hopefully worm and Thor and Tequila and ses and chesterfilms and VmSoze and karlwinslow and ElectricOtter and whoever else start posting like crazy and you don't even notice I'm gone.

Stay excellent to each other.  Oh, and can someone get Tim and flieger and other relative newcomers involved in the Far East bracket?  Thanks!

pixote

Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 04:48:06 AM by pixote »

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2009, 02:00:15 AM »
Last night, my hard disk crashed, so I'll be without a computer for a week or so. When that happened, I was ready to scream or cry or something. Hopefully this is now the climax of things that have not been going well recently (trying to help a friend out of his depression, not sleeping, losing my mp3-player), because I am not sure how much more I can take before I go crazy.

I ended up watching two episodes of Buffy last night, because I couldn't even call any of the people I wanted to call to vent: my parents are still in the USA, my brother is on business in Florence, friend A is in London, and I knew that friends B and C were on a date. And I couldn't even tell you lovely people....

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2009, 11:07:47 AM »
boo :(
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)