love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193653 times)

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2009, 10:22:19 PM »
My father's parents are... frustrating.

His mother fell over on Tuesday and broke her hip. She's had a partial hip replacement.

His father called to tell him this yesterday (Friday). Apparently they tried to call his youngest brother on Tuesday, but he's changed his number, so he did nothing till now.

We have a strained relationship with them in any case. They are hard, fairly solitary people, very stuck in their ways. We don't have a lot of contact, which probably isn't good, but they're hard people to have contact with. They turned down an invitation to their oldest grandson's wedding (my older brother), the first of their grandchildren to get married.

I don't know how to feel about the whole situation. I hope she's well. I'm worried that when they pass, we're not going to find out until they've been buried.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:54 PM »
I'm tired of being 16.

I'm tired of dealing with the same shallow friends over and over again. I'm tired of being a different person then who I want to be. Tired of parents, tired of dealing with boring parents' friends, tired of keeping all my emotions bottled in because I have noone to talk to.

I hate it. I hate it soo much.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »
I'm tired of being 16.

I'm tired of dealing with the same shallow friends over and over again. I'm tired of being a different person then who I want to be. Tired of parents, tired of dealing with boring parents' friends, tired of keeping all my emotions bottled in because I have noone to talk to.

The greatest thing about being 16 is that eventually this whole situation passes.  Until you're 70. 
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2009, 05:51:34 PM »
I love 'Noke. I love 'Noke soo much.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
I'm tired of being 16.

You're gonna be the best college kid ever. I can't wait. You're so much smarter than I was when I was 16 (holy cow that was 4 years ago...)
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2009, 01:35:24 AM »
I didn't much like being 16, either, 'Noke. I'm sorry. :(

In the meantime, we're rooting for you!
Charlotte's Web- Chin Up

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2009, 02:47:51 AM »
The greatest thing about being 16 is that eventually this whole situation passes.  Until you're 70. 
Oh boy what a cliffhanger! You have me hooked! Do I need to buy the book to find out what happens after 70? Please tell me! Feel free to spoil the ending! I NEED TO KNOW!
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2009, 09:27:53 AM »
I'm tired of being 16.

Yea, when I was 16 I didn't talk to anyone under 30 because I hated the immaturity of kids my age.

I was such a snob. Good times.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »
I was such a snob.

the tense of this sentence seems off.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
I was such a snob.

the tense of this sentence seems off.
Yea, I still am, but I talk to people my age now...sometimes.