love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193655 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
The greatest thing about being 16 is that eventually this whole situation passes.  Until you're 70. 
Oh boy what a cliffhanger! You have me hooked! Do I need to buy the book to find out what happens after 70? Please tell me! Feel free to spoil the ending! I NEED TO KNOW!

As soon as I get there.  It's a long song...
Jethro Tull - Life's A Long Song, 1971 - The Minstrel Looks Back 2-DVD
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »
I'm tired of being 16.

I'm tired of dealing with the same shallow friends over and over again. I'm tired of being a different person then who I want to be. Tired of parents, tired of dealing with boring parents' friends, tired of keeping all my emotions bottled in because I have noone to talk to.

I hate it. I hate it soo much.

The answers you seek are in Norway.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »
Sorry, folks, if I seemed a bit testy on the Pet Peeves thread.  I live, work and am the poor all the time-- people who work hard and who often don't make ends meet, through no fault of their own.  I'm at the top, because we get stuff donated to us, like our house, so I can make some sacrifices and take some time off.  But it's hard.  As hard as it is to make ends meet as a middle class person, or as the child as a middle class person, it is much more expensive to be poor.

I'll try not to be so irritated.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
Sorry, folks, if I seemed a bit testy on the Pet Peeves thread.  I live, work and am the poor all the time-- people who work hard and who often don't make ends meet, through no fault of their own.  I'm at the top, because we get stuff donated to us, like our house, so I can make some sacrifices and take some time off.  But it's hard.  As hard as it is to make ends meet as a middle class person, or as the child as a middle class person, it is much more expensive to be poor.

I'll try not to be so irritated.

I hear ya.  I'm not poor at the moment, but I have been poor at times.  It doth bite.   :(
The answers you seek are in Norway.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
So, it may have occurred to some of you that I've been gone for a few days. I'll try to be quick:

My funding got cut-off. Which essentially means I've been kicked out of school as I have no other means of paying for it. Which also means I've been kicked out of the country by the end of the year (Cait too). Which means I have to break my lease and that will apparently require me to pay 3-6 months worth of rent as a settlement because I can't rent this terrible, overpriced apartment, especially not during the middle of December when the rental company has such a terrible reputation that they are banned from certain advertising services, like my former university's.

So all that means that we're rushing back to the States, to South Jersey to stay with my parents who don't have a room for us until we can get on our feet as we're going to be completely broke because of all the costs of escaping Montreal. That will also mean I'll be in the middle of my parents who are all but too alcoholic to take care of themselves trying to help out my still recovering from her stroke sister.

None of this is considering my wife's overdue student debt. Frankly, it's been a relief to opt out of Christmas, which is sort of a depressing thought, if that's clear.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
That super sucks, face. Good luck with the 'rents.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
Sorry to hear that, face, that all sounds truly awful. Good luck and keep us posted.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:55 PM »
So sorry to hear your tale of woe, face.  Really, that's all too bad. 

At least you still have us at no charge.
Texan Down Under

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »
face, I'm so sorry. Will be thinking of you and Cait - do keep us posted.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
I'm really sorry, face.
A$AP Fables

love