Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193689 times)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »
anything stop-gap that might give you time through the spring to get a better sense if you can work stuff out?
Nah, the getting kicked from the nation blocks pretty much everything.
Where in S.Jersey?  Have we had this conversation before?

As for paying off the rental company, I say screw 'em.  You are leaving the city and the country.  Keep the money for what you need and pay them later if you can.  the worst that can happen is a ding to your credit.  I seem to remember you rented your place and Cait came later.  Rent the next one under her name :)  Or let people know when you are trying to rent from them what the situation was when you broke the lease.

Hang in there! 

The good news is, that rents (at least around here, probably in a lot of other places) have dropped off quite a bit due to the real estate crash.  I noticed quite a few apartment complexes that had been renting in the 7-800 dollar range have had signs out advertisng $550.  So there's one silver lining to the recession anyways.
Camden Co. and yes we have.

We thought about that but they said in no uncertain terms that they'd sue and Cait's credit is already shot to hell, but the last bit is pleasant.

Everyone else thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »
So sorry to be getting the news so late.  Wish I could offer some comfort, but at least the number of responses on the board should let you know how much we care for your situation.

We're all here for you.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »
anything stop-gap that might give you time through the spring to get a better sense if you can work stuff out?

As for paying off the rental company, I say screw 'em.  You are leaving the city and the country.  Keep the money for what you need and pay them later if you can.  the worst that can happen is a ding to your credit.  I seem to remember you rented your place and Cait came later.  Rent the next one under her name :)  Or let people know when you are trying to rent from them what the situation was when you broke the lease.

Hang in there! 

The good news is, that rents (at least around here, probably in a lot of other places) have dropped off quite a bit due to the real estate crash.  I noticed quite a few apartment complexes that had been renting in the 7-800 dollar range have had signs out advertisng $550.  So there's one silver lining to the recession anyways.

We thought about that but they said in no uncertain terms that they'd sue and Cait's credit is already shot to hell, but the last bit is pleasant.

They'll sue, so what?  You don't show for court and they get a summary judgment.  In another country.  that they almost certainly won't be able to enforce.  Again, they might be able to ding your credit.  But that's about it.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
CINECAST!in french canadians.

hope you can remove yrself from yr parents as quickly as possible (again) ;)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »

Hang in there! 

They'll sue, so what?  You don't show for court and they get a summary judgment.  In another country.  that they almost certainly won't be able to enforce.  Again, they might be able to ding your credit.  But that's about it.
Yeah, but we really need my credit.

Wait, you're law enforcement! Where's all this coming from?

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »
the cops are the most corrupt - at least thats what every movie ever made on the subject has taught me.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »
the cops are the most corrupt - at least thats what every movie ever made on the subject has taught me.

and the military are idiots, parents are abusive or out-of-touch, religious leaders are immoral, and politicians are corrupt...

...says something about authoritiy figures and screenplay writers.  those poor suffering soals!

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2009, 07:12:05 AM »
That sounds awful Face. I'm so sorry. :( Hope things pick up.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »
Thanks.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »
Hi.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad