love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 92864 times)

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »
do what the doctors tell you!

that shirt won't work on me!

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »
Ants have overrun my kitchen again. :'( This sucks.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:10 PM »

or are they Antz?

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

when the lived in south this would happen so often we had to keep all dry food in the panty in ziplock bags. 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »

when the lived in south this would happen so often we had to keep all dry food in the panty in ziplock bags. 

Yep.  We do that, plus when they start to get active (we have an old house and they get in around edges of the windows) in the spring or fall we'll put out baits of the kind where they take the poison back to the nest.  They don't get interested in the baits on their own, but I'll put a little dab of peanut butter in front of the "doors" of the bait and they'll go for that, and then a feeding frenzy will develop and they'll move inside and start taking the bait too; a few days later the incursion is gone again for a couple of months.

Last year some biting variety of ant took up residence in our mailbox.  That wasn't fun.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »

Yep.  We do that, plus when they start to get active (we have an old house and they get in around edges of the windows) in the spring or fall we'll put out baits of the kind where they take the poison back to the nest.  They don't get interested in the baits on their own, but I'll put a little dab of peanut butter in front of the "doors" of the bait and they'll go for that, and then a feeding frenzy will develop and they'll move inside and start taking the bait too; a few days later the incursion is gone again for a couple of months.

Last year some biting variety of ant took up residence in our mailbox.  That wasn't fun.

I've often stated that red aunts chased us out of Texas.  Man I hate those little buggers
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »

I've often stated that red aunts chased us out of Texas.  Man I hate those little buggers

Commie relatives are the worst!

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »
I was just about to make the same joke.  ;D
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Anime is for jerks."
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »
Been watching THEM! I take it.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
Is this the official whimper thread?

Today i found out that:

1.  For my Genetics lab I have to sort 1000 fruit flies by eye color (orange, red, or brown)
2.  My lab partner, whose job it is to help me do this, is apparently tint blind and can't tell the eye colors apart.  So i get to do this all by myself...  YAY!
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.