love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193735 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:56 AM »
some kinda eyedrops maybe. 

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Ok, so we are only half way through the semester and my college already had 4 student suicides including 3 bridge jumpers.  My college has a big gorge going right through the middle of it, so we have half a dozen bridges that cross it, several people used these bridges to end their life.    :(

The university came up with a brilliant f*cking solution to the suicide problem.  They put giant ten foot high chain link fences complete with pickets and barbed wire on all the bridges, and on the scenic path that goes around the gorge.  The effect is depressing and aesthetically revolting since it makes the whole campus look like a concentration camp.  It is a cynical bureaucratic fig leaf, as if people will not find another way to kill themselves.  Its not going to prevent any suicide, and the rest of us have to deal with a campus that looks like the DMZ.  Instead they should provide better counseling and maybe not work the premeds and engineers nearly as hard as they do.  Heck, open a strip club on campus and I bet the suicide rate would go down in half.

I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
is that Cornell?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »
is that Cornell?

Yes, although these days it look more like a gulag  :-\
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »
Half way into The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford the disc became unreadable. >:(

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2010, 01:44:31 AM »
Since I put Totoro on the top of my Netflix queue and on hold at the library IN NOVEMBER, at least five filmspotters have been able to watch it and post reviews.  I WANT MY TURN!  :'(  Waaah!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2010, 02:15:27 AM »
Got very drunk. Was called ugly to my face by friends of a friend. Got in a huge screaming fight with one of my best friends in the middle of the street.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2010, 05:54:17 AM »
Got very drunk. Was called ugly to my face by friends of a friend. Got in a huge screaming fight with one of my best friends in the middle of the street.

:(. Hope things work out.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »

I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from me Carly, but trust me, anyone who calls you ugly is a complete moron, you are the very definition of beautiful.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »

I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from me Carly, but trust me, anyone who calls you ugly is a complete moron, you are the very definition of beautiful.

Plus, anyone who's BFFs with me and corndog has to be a catch.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

love