love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193794 times)

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »
I ran up a exit ramp to catch a stray dog that was wandering towards the highway traffic. I got within a dozen feet of him. He ran into the oncoming headlights. I yelled NOOOOOOOOOOO! like in the movies. Totally f—king helpless. The dog made it across to the median. He didn't last long there. Goddammit. Goddammit. Goddammit.

pixote

Oh gosh, that seriously sucks.  I had something similar happen to me on my trip to Toronto a few days ago, saw a dog running in the middle of a busy street, dodging cars left and right.  I had to stop at a red light, and it disappeared from view.  Didn't see it again, dead or alive, maybe some good Samaritan helped it, probably got run over, sad.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2010, 07:00:03 PM »

The one and the left is my huskie, Diego. He's technically not mine but close enough. After last night, I was looking forward to spending some extra time with him today. But when I went to take him for a run just now, he didn't want to get up. Eventually he did, but even then, he refused to go out the front door. Normally he jump at the chance. He's a very frisky and rambunctious dog. Not today, though. He's totally lethargic. He didn't touch his food, either.

I went running alone.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »
dogs can't get mono right?

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2010, 09:40:30 AM »
Heh, that was my first thought as well.

He seems all better today, yay!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
My mom called me to tell me that my bird died today. She was a pretty cool bird, and I got her when I was about 10, so it's a big bummer.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
My mom called me to tell me that my bird died today. She was a pretty cool bird, and I got her when I was about 10, so it's a big bummer.

I will not exploit your sadness in the QooC thread.  Sorry to hear.

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #306 on: September 23, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »
Hiatal Hernias suck... and people that push their hippy ass products at me, suck even more.  No, Aloe Vera juice is not going to repair a herniated diaphram. 
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »
I am worried about my mother.  She hurt her knee about a month ago, and finally had to get it checked out.  In the process, she found out that she has extremely high blood pressure.  She has always put her health on the back burner, and I am worried that she is doing it again with this.  She has had some financial difficulty, and her health has taken a back seat while at the same time, her stress level has skyrocketed.  She knows what she has to do, and I finally had to talk with her about my feelings tonight, so it is just what is on my mind. I have offered my help, both personally and financially, and I just wish she will just take my help because I don't know what more I can do.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:44 PM »
I am worried about my mother.  She hurt her knee about a month ago, and finally had to get it checked out.  In the process, she found out that she has extremely high blood pressure.  She has always put her health on the back burner, and I am worried that she is doing it again with this.  She has had some financial difficulty, and her health has taken a back seat while at the same time, her stress level has skyrocketed.  She knows what she has to do, and I finally had to talk with her about my feelings tonight, so it is just what is on my mind. I have offered my help, both personally and financially, and I just wish she will just take my help because I don't know what more I can do.

I hope everything turns out ok for you and your mother. Luckily there are pretty effective blood pressure medications now, hopefully your family can afford them. Best wishes.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »

My best to you and your mom.  I know it's difficult to be honest with a parent, but hypertension is nothing to mess around with.  I take the meds and they are effective and inexpensive, so worth it for my peace of mind.
Texan Down Under