love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193827 times)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »
It is difficult to talk to your parents about these things because you feel like you are being the parent.  And I am in a position to help her financially, but that is also a sticky situation because I think on some level she feels like her daughter shouldn't have to help her because she is the parent.  But it is because of her that I am in that position to help her.  It's a tricky situation, I just want her to be okay, she is far too young (54 yrs old), for anything to happen to her.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2010, 08:28:09 PM »
It is difficult to talk to your parents about these things because you feel like you are being the parent.  And I am in a position to help her financially, but that is also a sticky situation because I think on some level she feels like her daughter shouldn't have to help her because she is the parent.  But it is because of her that I am in that position to help her.  It's a tricky situation, I just want her to be okay, she is far too young (54 yrs old), for anything to happen to her.
That's so difficult, ses. Thinking of you and hoping for wisdom for you in this situation.

Adrienne

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »
You are a lovely daughter. She is obviously a great mum to have produced you!

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »
Sorry to hear all that Ses, hopefully it will turn out for the best.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
hoping for the best for you and yr mom ses.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
I hope things turn out for the best Ses.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes everyone, I truly appreciate it.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
Our thoughts are with you, ses.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »
There was this nurse I used to court back in Oregon, we worked in the ICU together and she was a real fun person to hang out with (though somewhat older than me).  Anyways, after a messy divorce that took years, a suicidal kid, and a string of lousy relationships, she became addicted to methamphetamine and lost her job.  She kinda spiraled since then, and has been constantly in trouble with the law.  This week the judge has finally had enough and tossed her into the slammer for several years for running from the cops while under the influence and not showing up to court.  Really, really, sad, and nobody was able to help her... 

Amazing that a person can go from an ICU nurse to a convict in a matter of a year or two.  People who sell meth outta be hanged from light posts.

I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that Z, it is really hard to see someone you care about go through so many tough things.