Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193711 times)

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that Z, it is really hard to see someone you care about go through so many tough things.

Thanks ses, what got me was how absolutely inevitable the whole thing was in retrospect, its like a demonic possession or something, a person completely loses control of their life.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
It is unfortunate that she let it get to the point to where she has to spend in time in prison, but maybe this will be the wake up call to get her life back on track. It could turn out to be a positive thing in the end.   :-\
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
It is unfortunate that she let it get to the point to where she has to spend in time in prison, but maybe this will be the wake up call to get her life back on track. It could turn out to be a positive thing in the end.   :-\

It could be, depending on what prison she gets sent to. Z, are they sending her to a normal prison, or to a prison with a specialized drug treatment wing?

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »

It could be, depending on what prison she gets sent to. Z, are they sending her to a normal prison, or to a prison with a specialized drug treatment wing?

I honest to God have no idea, she is not getting sent off for drugs per say though, so I suspect it will be ordinary female prison.  The thing is, she is not exactly asking for help or anything, I don't think much can be done without her initiative and she is in no state to make initiatives.  :-\ 
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »

I honest to God have no idea, she is not getting sent off for drugs per say though, so I suspect it will be ordinary female prison.  The thing is, she is not exactly asking for help or anything, I don't think much can be done without her initiative and she is in no state to make initiatives.  :-\ 

Some states have full on drug treatment prisons now, or drug treatment wings within prisons. You don't need to be sent away for drug abuse, but if you are addicted to drugs and they played a role in your actions leading you to prison, then the treatment center is where they end up. They have been very effective in the states that have employed them, here's hoping your friend ends up in one.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
This seems like the best place for this.

I just found out that someone I knew, my age, died. I saw that someone had written on his facebook wall "rip". From what I can tell, his personal problems pushed him over and I assume he committed suicide, though I can't confirm that. He was someone I worked with and that was the extent of the relationship. I hadn't seen him in a while, but he always was nice to me and fun to talk to. This is the first person even remotely close to me and my age that has died. I don't quite know what to make of it. Like I said, I didn't really know him and I hadn't seen him in a while, but it is still having a tremendous impact on me. I teared up reading his facebook wall. It is just a weird, kind of empty feeling. My thoughts go out to all of those that knew him much better than I did.

R.I.P. Andrew
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »
This seems like the best place for this.

I just found out that someone I knew, my age, died. I saw that someone had written on his facebook wall "rip". From what I can tell, his personal problems pushed him over and I assume he committed suicide, though I can't confirm that. He was someone I worked with and that was the extent of the relationship. I hadn't seen him in a while, but he always was nice to me and fun to talk to. This is the first person even remotely close to me and my age that has died. I don't quite know what to make of it. Like I said, I didn't really know him and I hadn't seen him in a while, but it is still having a tremendous impact on me. I teared up reading his facebook wall. It is just a weird, kind of empty feeling. My thoughts go out to all of those that knew him much better than I did.

R.I.P. Andrew
That's so awful, Corndog.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »
 :'(
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »
This is the first person even remotely close to me and my age that has died.

R.I.P. Andrew

sorry to hear corndog - you are quite fortunate to have gone this long without coming upon this.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #329 on: October 26, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »
This is the first person even remotely close to me and my age that has died.

R.I.P. Andrew

sorry to hear corndog - you are quite fortunate to have gone this long without coming upon this.

Yea, my grandma died when I was in 6th grade. I feel now that I think I was too young for it to really impact me. And this is definitely the first time someone my age has died. Quite a shock.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

love