Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193808 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »
Awesome. Now I guess my two best friends, who have been fighting for a while, have "broken up"? Weird thing, not sure if there is actually a term for this, but yea. It's over something really stupid and honestly I don't see them "making up". Really weird, really sad, and really sucky for me no having to associate with two separate groups of people. Oh, and I got partially blamed for some reason, so that makes me happy. Sweet day. When does tomorrow start again?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #331 on: October 26, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Awesome. Now I guess my two best friends, who have been fighting for a while, have "broken up"? Weird thing, not sure if there is actually a term for this, but yea. It's over something really stupid and honestly I don't see them "making up". Really weird, really sad, and really sucky for me no having to associate with two separate groups of people. Oh, and I got partially blamed for some reason, so that makes me happy. Sweet day. When does tomorrow start again?

I always liked when this happens.  You always feel like a third wheel when around a couple, even when they both were your friends before, its awkward.  When they break up, you can be friends with both again, I always preferred when friends dated people I never met.       
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2010, 12:22:25 AM »
Jeez, I haven't been in this thread in two weeks - ses, z, CD: I am so sorry that you have to deal with these difficult situations. Hang in there.

I always liked when this happens.  You always feel like a third wheel when around a couple, even when they both were your friends before, its awkward.  When they break up, you can be friends with both again, I always preferred when friends dated people I never met.       

Sorry z, can't disagree at all, not all couples are annoyingly couply and difficult to be around, and it is perfectly possible to be friends with both of the coupled people. It may be rare, but if it was that way with Corndog's friends, I really feel for him.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #333 on: October 27, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »
I think on some level she feels like her daughter shouldn't have to help her because she is the parent.
I don't think parents think like that. Family members look out for each other regardless of who is who. Parents will take care of us growing up and then we're to take care of them when they get older.
My dad always reminds me how he had to change my stinky diapers and that he's expecting me to change his when he gets older. He was probably being sarcastic... I think.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #334 on: October 27, 2010, 06:01:55 AM »

Sorry z, can't disagree at all, not all couples are annoyingly couply and difficult to be around, and it is perfectly possible to be friends with both of the coupled people. It may be rare, but if it was that way with Corndog's friends, I really feel for him.

You guys misunderstood. They were not dating. It is two of my guy friends who were real buddy buddy and everything. We all lived together for two years. That is why I thought it weird to say "broken up", because they were just friends and that doesn't really happen much. Maybe I should have said they had a falling out instead.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #335 on: October 27, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
You guys misunderstood. They were not dating. It is two of my guy friends who were real buddy buddy and everything. We all lived together for two years. That is why I thought it weird to say "broken up", because they were just friends and that doesn't really happen much. Maybe I should have said they had a falling out instead.

Oh, OK, well that is a different story, certainly sucks, it happens though.  Honestly, guys are not good at holding grudges (unless its over a girl), try to have them makeup.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Adrienne

« Reply #336 on: October 28, 2010, 10:34:38 AM »
It's impossible to catch up on posts after a few days away
Someone do me a Reader's Digest please.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2010, 02:26:24 AM »

Something happened and then something else happened.  But it's complicated.

That okay?   ;)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Adrienne

« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »
Something happened and then something else happened.  But it's complicated.
That okay?   ;)
Very succinct  :D

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »
I've got a bunch I need to do this week, write about 7 pages, read a couple hundred pages, study some material. Plus I got a GRE pre tomorrow.

Now none of this is an issue, I don't mind lost of work, but I'm sick, my head is throbbing and I can't focus.

Of course, I could be attempting to write something instead of whining in this thread.  :P