Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193658 times)

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #380 on: November 14, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »
The word "fusion" almost seems like a guarantee that the food will be centered around the idea of "hey, wouldn't it be funny if," rather than actual flavors.
THERE you are  :)

;D

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »
The word "fusion" almost seems like a guarantee that the food will be centered around the idea of "hey, wouldn't it be funny if," rather than actual flavors.
THERE you are  :)

;D

Where have you been, young lady?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #382 on: November 14, 2010, 02:56:57 PM »

You guys, did I miss curfew? Oops.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »

You guys, did I miss curfew? Oops.

No curfew in Canada.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2010, 03:02:44 PM »
This isn't over.  I still feel that some way and in some form the script will be filmed. 

So this didn't crush my soul.  Just wanted to whimper a little.
At least you've got a chance of getting it made, which is a lot more than most can say. Getting in is the hardest part. You can't expect a perfect situation the first time around.

Sam has no sympathy.  :P

I kind of echo this...by being involved with a fabulous film like Dakota Skye, you've already had more film success (because film quality is the moral victory alternative to blockbuster success) than most people. Of course, having been involved with a fabulous film like Dakota Sky means I want more fabulous stuff to watch so they don't just deter you by not making the film, they deter me. So I'm going to focus on how much it sucks for me not to be able to watch the film. ;D

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most of the stuff people are complaining about aren't nearly all that bad.

I expect really tragic stuff: like divorce, deaths, loosing jobs and horrible breakups, lost pets and the likes.

Instead, it's all about how everything in our lives isn't excellent or how every now and again something doesn't meet our expectations.

Take this as my early (or late, depending on where you are) Thanksgiving post. Most of us ain't got shit to complain about if this thread is any indication. Let's hope it stays that way.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #386 on: November 14, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most of the stuff people are complaining about aren't nearly all that bad.

I expect really tragic stuff: like divorce, deaths, loosing jobs and horrible breakups, lost pets and the likes.

Instead, it's all about how everything in our lives isn't excellent or how every now and again something doesn't meet our expectations.

Take this as my early (or late, depending on where you are) Thanksgiving post. Most of us ain't got shit to complain about if this thread is any indication. Let's hope it stays that way.

That's the whole point of the thread Sam, thus the word whimper. It's about silly little things that are bothering us.

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #387 on: November 14, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »

You have an admirably dark heart, Sam. I'll see if I can walk under a bus soon, so you have something chew on. ;D
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2010, 03:21:51 PM »
That would be great, Thanks.  ;D

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy