love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193699 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #430 on: December 08, 2010, 10:50:21 PM »
I wouldn't classify myself good at job interviews, partly for reasons I can't fix, but the one this evening was brutal. I felt like a lot of the questions were cheap tricks almost. I mean, they asked so many questions that they know you probably can't answer because the whole purpose of the organization is to bring new people into teaching who are otherwise highly qualified. And the unfortunate part is this was for what was probably my best long-term career opportunity. I think I did well on the other aspects of the interview "event" though so maybe...

I've got another interview tomorrow for a more near-term opportunity that I suppose could expand to a longer-term thing. I feel better about that one. It would at least break up my current stretch of unemployment.

The biggest thing to remember about interviews is that people obsess far too much about WHAT they say and far too little about HOW they say it. The most important thing about any interview is how you come across not the facts you can recite.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #431 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:31 PM »
Interviews are always humiliating and unpleasant, just think how good it will feel when you get the job Bondo. 
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #432 on: December 08, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »
The biggest thing to remember about interviews is that people obsess far too much about WHAT they say and far too little about HOW they say it. The most important thing about any interview is how you come across not the facts you can recite.

Yes, but the how I say it is the part that I'm not sure I can fix.

Pseuds

« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2010, 06:24:34 AM »

I've had a swollen foot for over a week now, I finally went to the Doctor today only to find out it may be a clot in the foot/lower leg and I have to wait until tomorrow to know. Ooops, maybe I should have gone earlier, but I would have missed a week of awesomeness.
He made me feel like a third class witch doctor.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »
My relationship has hit a huge, huge snag, I really hope we can get through this...

I hadn't picked up on this earlier. Very sorry to read that. Keep your chin up. And to hell with the Rambo rebuttal. You do what you need to do.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
My relationship has hit a huge, huge snag, I really hope we can get through this...

I hadn't picked up on this earlier. Very sorry to read that. Keep your chin up. And to hell with the Rambo rebuttal. You do what you need to do.

It appears as if we are working through it, it's going to be hard I think, but I have hope. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #436 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

It appears as if we are working through it, it's going to be hard I think, but I have hope. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Glad to hear this. You guys seem like a good couple.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #437 on: December 09, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »

I've had a swollen foot for over a week now, I finally went to the Doctor today only to find out it may be a clot in the foot/lower leg and I have to wait until tomorrow to know. Ooops, maybe I should have gone earlier, but I would have missed a week of awesomeness.

clots are bad - get that done with quickly.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #438 on: December 14, 2010, 09:28:33 PM »
I am in a deep winter funk, just can't seem to get out of it.  And worse, it's almost Christmas, my favorite time of year, and I am not even excited about it, doesn't seem like it is almost here.  :'(
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #439 on: December 14, 2010, 09:51:42 PM »
I am in a deep winter funk, just can't seem to get out of it.  And worse, it's almost Christmas, my favorite time of year, and I am not even excited about it, doesn't seem like it is almost here.  :'(

I prescribe some It's a Wonderful Life with a The Grinch who Stole Christmas chaser. Guaranteed to up your spirits.