love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193844 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #520 on: March 22, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
hahahahaha. I really did identify with Bickle during the screening.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #521 on: March 22, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
It was probably a Jodie Foster thing.

Wait, is this chat?

i scoff at your boundaries!

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #522 on: March 23, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »
Thank you, public audiences for making me walk out of a screening of Taxi Driver. Yeah, go ahead and ruin screenings of Paul, that's fine, it's a crappy movie and it's playing every day anyway. But why do you have to ruin Taxi Driver for me? Two screenings, with one already passed, and tonight being the only one I could make. I love the movie, so I know I'd enjoy it, but no, you guys won't let me. So thank you. Thank you to the three people scattered around the front who kept pulling out your cell phones. Thank you to the guy next to me who breathes louder than the audio coming out of the speakers. Thank you to the couple two rows behind me who decided to bring in Subway sandwiches and crinkle paper and plastic bags for 20 minutes straight. Thank you to the couple directly behind me who would not stop moving around and inadvertently knocking my seat. Thank you to the guy two seats down who wouldn't stop whispering to his friends. And thank you to the guy a couple rows down who felt the urge to repeat every great line right after it left the actors' mouths.

Thank you and go CINECAST! yourselves.

(PS, I saw enough to know that this is one of the best looking film restorations I've ever seen. Good job, Sony.)

Awww - sorry Corey that your experience wasn't so good.
I was lucky - it was a nearly empty theater and I got my usual seat along the rail so I could put my feet up. I hate AMC popcorn though (it really sucks)...

As for the film - it was my first time watching it all the way through and I loved it. So not the ending I was expecting at all...
I saw flashes of later Scorcese - especially Bringing Out The Dead.
Great experience.
Hey, nice marmot!

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it so much. I'm lucky in that I did get to see Taxi Driver at the Lightbox back in the Fall. It wasn't the restoration, but I still got to see it in a theatre. I might have stuck out the awful screening had I not seen it projected before.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #524 on: March 24, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #525 on: March 24, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixote

Now THAT's a loud whimper.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

enzobot24

« Reply #526 on: March 27, 2011, 03:51:07 AM »
Just endured my first car crash. Woman rear-ended me when I slowed down (a car two ahead of me was turning into an apartment complex). All of the sudden... boom. She hits me and pushes me into the car in front of me. And I proceeded to pinball back and forth.

Car is probably totaled. Which sucks... I commute to college daily.

Nobody was hurt (well, I just have a scrape on my hand and a bruised shin).
Most recent DVD purchase: A Very Long Engagement
Most recent Blu-ray purchase: Paprika

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #527 on: March 27, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »
Just endured my first car crash. Woman rear-ended me when I slowed down (a car two ahead of me was turning into an apartment complex). All of the sudden... boom. She hits me and pushes me into the car in front of me. And I proceeded to pinball back and forth.

Good thing nobody was hurt. Are you libel for hitting the car in front of you? Some places you would be I think.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #528 on: March 27, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »

Good thing nobody was hurt. Are you libel for hitting the car in front of you? Some places you would be I think.

I have been told that the car in the rear is responsible for the accident here regardless of the facts.  To the point that is there is a chain for cars that crash, the car in the rear may just back into the car behind them to pass the blame.  Pretty much the last car take full responsibility.  I am happy for trains buses and taxis and not having to worrying about driving anymore
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #529 on: March 27, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »

I have been told that the car in the rear is responsible for the accident here regardless of the facts.  To the point that is there is a chain for cars that crash, the car in the rear may just back into the car behind them to pass the blame.  Pretty much the last car take full responsibility.  I am happy for trains buses and taxis and not having to worrying about driving anymore

I think in some places he would be libel. I can see it both ways. It's obviously mostly the fault of the first car but you are suppose to be far enough back from the car in front of you to prevent a chain reaction.

love