love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193763 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #710 on: September 25, 2011, 01:01:05 PM »
It was just rotator cuff repair but it sounds like combination of undiagnosed sleep apnea, a bit of pneumonia, and all the surgical drugs combined to labour her breathing. They are confident everything will be fine but still surreal.

scary to be sure
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #711 on: September 25, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
How awful, Clovis - I'm so sorry. Sounds like things are a bit better now (?), but I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery for your mom. Keep us posted.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #712 on: September 26, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »
Any updates on your mom, Clovis? 

Just another reminder that every surgery is serious...

Also, just an update, the judge ruled in the couple's favor and last Friday they got their baby back after they both took UAs.  Because the judge ruled in their favor, the mother may get her other child back who was taken years ago.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #713 on: September 26, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
Any updates on your mom, Clovis? 

Just another reminder that every surgery is serious...

Also, just an update, the judge ruled in the couple's favor and last Friday they got their baby back after they both took UAs.  Because the judge ruled in their favor, the mother may get her other child back who was taken years ago.

She is doing better. Hopefully off the ventilator today.

Great news on the custody front too.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #714 on: September 26, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
My hopes for her continued recovery, Clovis. 
Texan Down Under

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #715 on: September 26, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
That's good news Clovis, I hope things continue to get better.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
Clovis, glad to hear things are improving. Catching the sleep apnea could be the silver lining in this cloud.

oldkid, that is wonderful news. I am so happy for them. I hope they are part of your community, so that they can get additional help and support.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:46:44 AM by Sandy »

jim brown

• Elite Member
« Reply #717 on: September 28, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »
Just got back from the vet.  My older dog, Shady, has a tumor on his leg that's cancerous.  He has a sonogram tomorrow to see if it has spread to his internal organs.  Once we get the results, I have to assess his prognosis & care against my non-existent disposable income.  The mental logistics I'm going through now (how to fund the operation, what to tell the kids, how my other dog will react) is fairly straightforward, but upsetting nonetheless. 

Sadder still is to think that I live in a country where there are people facing similar circumstances at far greater costs. 
Kevin: Yes, why does there have to be evil?

Supreme Being: I think it has something to do with free will.

-------------------------------------------------------

Verna: I suppose you think you raised hell.

Tom: Sister, when I've raised hell you'll know it.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #718 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »
Bigger and smaller whimpers.

Big: My grandmother (last remaining grandparent) fell and broke her hip. She seems to have gotten out of surgery well. Close on the heels of losing my grandfather (on the other side) it would be very tough.

Small: I've got a 40 mile bike race next Sunday so I was gonna go get a slightly shorter ride in today only to discover that the last time I was out mountain biking I smashed a hole through the side of my rear tire. Tubes I can replace easily, the tire will take a trip to the bike shop. Not a big deal ultimately but I'd have liked it to happen a different week. I'm really curious how I got that big a hole in my rear tire/tube without noticing it on the ride.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #719 on: October 02, 2011, 10:07:39 AM »
Sorry to hear that Bondo. My grandmom just had hip surgery a couple of week ago as well and she's been slow to recover, but she's started moving around again and is back in her home. Hope yours has a good recovery as well.

love