love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193852 times)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #1080 on: May 29, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
<hug>

Sorry I know no words that will help

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1081 on: May 29, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
It's natural to be sad but take solace in the fact that few people end up with person they dated at 19. Furthermore, it's clear given your description that you raised an emotionally mature young woman capable of being both a partner in a healthy relationship and its aftermath. This is something to be proud of.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1082 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
I didn't even date at 19...still haven't.  :-\

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1083 on: May 29, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »

I think Totoro knows a nice girl on OkCupid who is available.....

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1084 on: May 29, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »

I think Totoro knows a nice girl on OkCupid who is available.....

But you better bring your "A" Game. Apparently, (s)he's hard to impress.

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #1085 on: May 29, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »
Start with a dick pic.
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1086 on: May 30, 2013, 12:21:57 AM »
@Dave: thanks! Virtual hugs are not to be underestimated.

@Clovis: Deep down I know you're right. She's very mature in every aspect. She's just about to finish the "gymnasium", senior high school and the last step before uni. At the big farewell party in her class everyone was given a title to describe their special quality. Her: "The 40+-er of the class", referring to her grown-up approach to life.

@Sam: I'm familiar with that situation too. My oldest daughter is turning 21 this year and still hasn't dated (You can imagine the frustration watching her younger sister being in her second long relationship). We assured her that things would sort out once she hit university, that she would find friends and boys to date and everything. This has yet to happen. :(
But that's just how life is I guess. Some people, like you and my oldest daughter, have to wait a bit longer before their life line crosses with the one of their soul mates. Eventually it will happen. Just hang on there.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1087 on: June 12, 2013, 02:26:59 PM »
I'm in a state of exhaustion after spending the entire day trying to support my daughter who headed out for her first Eurorail hiking trip through Europe today.

I blame all the trouble on the French.

The idea was that Tuva and her friend were to take a flight to Nice, starting their 3 week journey from there. Turned out there was a huge strike going on among air control staff, so the flight was cancelled. They rescheduled to another flight via Denmark. But once in Denmark their next flight was cancelled, so they were stuck. Finally they managed to be rescheduled to Bologna in Italy where they landed this evening, only to find out that all their luggage was lost somewhere on the way.

She called me and cried and cried (being particularly emotional and vulnerable after her recent breakup with her bf) and just wanted to give up on everything, wanting to go home.
I know things will get better, which I assured her of course. But it breaks your mummie heart to hear your children so tired and sad and vulnerable. I wished I could just fly in there like a superhero and help her out, flying her home again.

Oh well. Now she's found a place to stay for the night at least and hopefully they'll find the luggage in the next few days. That's what travelling is like. Up and down. It's a bumpy ride, it's a part of the deal.
But it's tough to be at the sideline when all you want to do is to hug her.

End of whimper.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1088 on: June 12, 2013, 10:58:31 PM »
It's good to blame the French.  We Americans do that all the time and it makes us feel much better.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1089 on: June 12, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Lobby - hugs to you and Tuva! Here's to her Eurorail hiking trip getting better - NOW!