Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193884 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #1180 on: January 16, 2014, 02:05:37 AM »
Riley has been sluggish the past couple of days, just not himself, not really eating, not running around.  If he isn't better by Friday I am taking him to the vet.  It's probably nothing, but he has never been like this, and I'm really scared.

hmmm.. a cutie.. get better

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1181 on: January 16, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »
I got him to eat some wet food since he hadn't eaten since yesterday, but he won't drink any water. Better than nothing, but I'm still worried.  He's usually so peppy.

I'm sure you're already thought of this, but when my dogs have had this in the past it was due to a blockage in the digestive system somewhere (like he swallowed something too big).   Has his (ahem) "outdoor activity" been similarly inactive?
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1182 on: January 16, 2014, 01:34:30 PM »
I got him to eat some wet food since he hadn't eaten since yesterday, but he won't drink any water. Better than nothing, but I'm still worried.  He's usually so peppy.

I'm sure you're already thought of this, but when my dogs have had this in the past it was due to a blockage in the digestive system somewhere (like he swallowed something too big).   Has his (ahem) "outdoor activity" been similarly inactive?

He was a little more upbeat last night and finally ate some dry food and drank water and did his business outside (both 1 and 2, believe me, I'm paranoid, I monitor that kind of stuff).  Hopefully he is getting back to normal.  He has been licking his lips a lot in the past few days, which according to the internet means he may have indigestion.  He may have just eaten something that gave him an upset stomach.  My fiance said Riley was running around this morning before he left for work. 

Nice to hear from you again Ferris, hope all is well!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1183 on: January 17, 2014, 11:11:09 AM »
So since you asked me to keep you updated, here's the situation with Purple Rose of Cairo:

After a lot of investigation, phone calls and e-mails I finally seem to have reached the one who handles the rights. However there's a problem: they have a minimum fee of about 500 dollars. Perhaps it doesn't sound that much, but for us it's a fortune for one single screening. So there won't be any screeing of it this term. Possibly we'll screen it during the autumn, but we'll have to think it over and check our bank account. I wouldn't be too hopeful about it judging from the reactions from the others who help out setting the programme.

Oh well.

We've got a pretty awsome programme this spring anyway so we'll manage. But it's a pity that it has to be that expensive to try to play it fair when your're a non-profit organisation.

http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1184 on: January 17, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »
How many in your group Lobby?

I know it's in honor of your theatre, but is it possible to gather in one of your homes, have a pot luck and watch the movie there? I'd so do that, :D because stuff like you've had to go through really irks me.

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1185 on: January 17, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »
An ordinary screening we're about 20 people. On our top nights we're 35-40 perhaps.
I don't know of how many members were have all in all, but I figure it could be a hundred over one term (some of our members only buy a three-movie pass). I don't think it would work to show it in a home. Besides, the idea of having a film club at all is that we can get to see movies on a big screen. A lot of the movies we show are available on dvd or streaming so people can watch them at home, but seeing them in a threatre makes for a different experience.

Anyway: thank you for your sympathies Sandy. I really appreciate it.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1186 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »
ses, how's Riley?

Pseuds

« Reply #1187 on: January 21, 2014, 03:55:46 AM »
Just had my heart ripped out of my chest. Wouldn't recommend it.
He made me feel like a third class witch doctor.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #1188 on: January 21, 2014, 12:44:29 PM »

We've all been there. It gets better. After my break up a month ago I was constantly listening to music, which made me feel much better. Also I wrote down how I felt which helped a lot.
That is if you're speaking figuratively. Not like Temple of Doom heart ripping.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1189 on: January 21, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »

Quick, get these to Pseuds STAT!

We've all been there. It gets better. After my break up a month ago I was constantly listening to music, which made me feel much better. Also I wrote down how I felt which helped a lot.
That is if you're speaking figuratively. Not like Temple of Doom heart ripping.

Echoing Bearvermoose's words too.

love