Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193739 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #1330 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:40 AM »
My problems appear to be over. I put it in at a local computer shop and they told me that 2 of my 4 memory slots (the 2 i was using) were screwing up. They swapped them into the other 2 and now everything seems good. Beforehand when i tried updating Diablo III it turned off 5 minutes in. Now I'm at least 15 in and it's going strong. Turns out i probably didn't need to buy a new PSU. ha

heisenbergman

• Hey.
« Reply #1331 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:30 AM »
So worried right now because:

- something appeared on my wife's chest xray. it was read as a "calcified lymph node." Both google and the pulmonologist said that it's not a cause for worry. However, our family's pulmonologist made my wife take new xrays from a different angle for comparison. WORRIED.

- also worried about my 18 month old daughters speech development. everything else (cognitive, physical, etc.) about her seems to be normal... also she understands what we tell/ask her and she communicates a lot by way of pointing and gestures... but she barely talks! -_- and it's starting to freak us out. WORRIED.

:(

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #1332 on: July 28, 2014, 05:59:54 AM »
heisenbergman, bummer about the lump.

As for your daughter, do not worry, my son did not start talking until just after he was 2 and very quickly increased his vocabulary. Now a year and a bit later and you would not be able to tell. Still I do remember that there was concern in this household for a while there. Kids develop at different rates for different things. As Brian said 'You're all individuals... You're all different'.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1333 on: July 28, 2014, 07:39:07 AM »
My problems appear to be over. I put it in at a local computer shop and they told me that 2 of my 4 memory slots (the 2 i was using) were screwing up. They swapped them into the other 2 and now everything seems good. Beforehand when i tried updating Diablo III it turned off 5 minutes in. Now I'm at least 15 in and it's going strong. Turns out i probably didn't need to buy a new PSU. ha
That's awesome! Always great when it's something simple like that.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1334 on: July 28, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about these worries, heisenbergman - so difficult. Will be wishing your wife all the best - keep us posted. With Dave, I'd also say, at this point, don't worry about your daugther's preference not to speak. Many children do not speak much until 2 or even 3; for one of my close friends', all five of her incredibly bright, talented, verbal boys, who all excel in school and who are socially very much at ease with communication, did not really speak until they were 3.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1335 on: July 28, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »
Just echoing the others. :)

I teach a weekly class for 18 month to 3 year olds. None of them come in talking, or even really attempting to speak. Around two, I start to see some good attempts and by three, I can't get them to shut up!

Wishing your wife the very best, heisenbergman.

heisenbergman

• Hey.
« Reply #1336 on: July 28, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Thanks folks! I'll try not to worry too much about my daughter and my wife is going to the doc tomorrow to have her xrays checked. Hoping for all the best :)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1337 on: July 31, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »
Thinking about you and your family, heisenbergman, I hope everything has turned out okay.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

heisenbergman

• Hey.
« Reply #1338 on: July 31, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
My wife's X-Rays came back all clear as confirmed by two pulmonologists, so yay and thanks! :D

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1339 on: July 31, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
So glad to hear that!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/