love

Author Topic: I just need to whimper  (Read 193713 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: I just need to whimper
« Reply #1990 on: April 24, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »
Movies may even more become my staying in and relaxing sort of activity.

This is usually how I like it. I always looked forward to a weekend night where nothing got planned just to be able to stay in and watch a movie
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1991 on: April 24, 2017, 02:28:51 PM »
I've become too easily distracted for that.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #1992 on: April 24, 2017, 03:58:43 PM »
You guys have it easy. I have lived in cities that had no cinemas at all. Or worse, all their movies were dubbed.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

MattDrufke

« Reply #1993 on: May 07, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
It appears the Sound Opinions Message Board is down. I loved the board. When the show was on WXRT (before it's NPR jump), it was a vibrant board filled with people arguing about music until they turned blue. As the years went on, less and less people visited. I would still post every now and then, but it's pretty much become a ghost town.

RIP, old friend.
@ihatemattdrufke

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1994 on: May 08, 2017, 06:25:38 AM »
My dog decided that my tv controls and blu ray player controls were tasty treats and chewed them up enough to break them. Now i can't operate both. :(

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1995 on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:26 AM »
Can you find an app for your phone that will operate them?
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1996 on: May 08, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »
Can you find an app for your phone that will operate them?

That's a thing?!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1997 on: May 09, 2017, 12:42:47 AM »
yes, depending on the age of the equipment. My receiver and blu-ray player both have apps that I can download that work as remotes.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1998 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »
I'm so tired all the time right now. For a while, I thought it was moving/the summer, but after a month I backed off some meds as that was the major thing we changed over the summer. Six weeks later and I'm still sleeping/tired pretty much all the time. And then the worst allergy season of probably this decade hit and that just sucked even more out of me.

And I finally just went into the doctor and was like, something is up, this is terrible. I'm tired and sleeping 10-12 hours most nights since basically the end of July. This isn't normal. So we get some blood drawn on Friday. Get a call today that the site that tests it contaminated my sample over the weekend so I had to go draw blood again.

I've now taken off 18 hours of work in the past week and honestly the way I'm feeling now, I'm imagining I'll be taking off even more before the week is over. Even now, I've basically slept until noon today, been up maybe 5 hours, and feel like I could go right back to sleep.

There's so many things I need to do and I'd like to do, but I'm just too tired all the time to do any of it. Sometimes I get home from work and I don't even shower, I just eat and collapse in bed laying there for an hour or two until I fall asleep.

But I keep having enough spurts where I don't feel like this, or a day or two where this isn't the case and I'm like, oh, I can totally handle this, and then there's just this whole week where my body is constantly in a state of fatigue and I feel like I could nap at any time.

Seeing another doctor Thursday so maybe this one will have some more insight, but right now I feel like more often than not all I feel like doing is sleeping and not the I'm depressed kind of sleep but the my whole body feels heavy kind of sleep. Definitely been in worse places but my body has never been this physically exhausted all the time.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1999 on: October 17, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »
I've been tired for a couple years now, but not to the extent you say.  I hope the doctors and labs get their act together and figure something out.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

love