love

Author Topic: Filmspotters' Top 100 Performances: Discussion  (Read 23057 times)

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
Filmspotters' Top 100 Performances: Discussion
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »
Alright, now people thought that they could relax now that the ballots for the top 100 films have all been sent it. Well, in the spirit of all this praise, I figured that I'd sponsor another list to make people stress out more ;). This is the list of your, as Filmspotters, favorite on-screen performances. It does not matter whether it is male or female, lead or supporting. I hope people decide to get in on this one. Voting will close on December 15, 2010 at 11:59:59 P.M. (or 23:59:59). To submit you list, just send me a PM with your top 100. I hope people will find this challenging and fun, what every list should be. Feel free to post your lists here as well.

For Suggestions:

Best of the Decade Winners
Best Lead Performance - Female
Best Supporting Performance - Female
Best Lead Performance - Male
Best Supporting Performance - Male

Best Performance Polls Index

Top performances of the 1950s
Top performances of the 1960s
Top performances of the 1970s
Top performances of the 1980s
Top performances of the 1990s
Top performances of the 2000s

But you really should come up with your own lists ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:32:59 PM by GothamCity151 »

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Filmspotters' Top 100 Performances
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
We've got Top 100 Directors, Top 100 Books and Top 100 Documentaries already planned for this year. :-\

That said, I am a fan of not distinguishing lists...good acting is good acting no matter the gender of the actor or the amount of screen time. Performances aren't really what stands out to me in films though so I probably won't put as much effort in to the list.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »
I was upset-disappointed that 'Noke's Performances list thing fell through.  I'm down, though.  Didn't know that there's one for documentaries planned.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »
I was upset-disappointed that 'Noke's Performances list thing fell through.

I vaguely recall something like this... very hazy though. 100 top performances is a lot, I remember struggling with Top 20 male and Top 20 female for some other top things we did.

That said, definitely in.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
Maybe you should just extend the deadline to next year. November is way too close and as Bondo said we have other lists to do as well.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »
I was upset-disappointed that 'Noke's Performances list thing fell through.  I'm down, though.  Didn't know that there's one for documentaries planned.

I take full responsibility for this...It was just too much for me at one time, I'm really sorry. I'm happy this is happening again. :)
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »
Any excuse to make another list!  ;D
I think a performances list might end up following close to my top films list but that's not a negative thing.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »
I was upset-disappointed that 'Noke's Performances list thing fell through.  I'm down, though.  Didn't know that there's one for documentaries planned.

I take full responsibility for this...It was just too much for me at one time, I'm really sorry. I'm happy this is happening again. :)

Oh, I thought it was because there weren't as many participants as you wanted.  In that case, I'm just disappointed.  But I'm not disappointed in you, my man, for not compiling the results.  You had my support, wholesale.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
I'm game. Gives me something to do when things are slow at work.

GC, you may want to consider posting a ballot template (with examples of preferred format) to make your life easier when it comes to tabulating.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 03:25:16 PM »
We've got Top 100 Directors, Top 100 Books and Top 100 Documentaries already planned for this year. :-\

What happened to your multitasking ambition? ;)

Couldn't we do them in tandem? I mean, for Best of Decade we had a dozen categories going, not just film and director.