love

Author Topic: Filmspotters' Top 100 Performances: Discussion  (Read 23047 times)

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
Re: Filmspotters' Top 100 Performances
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
I'm game. Gives me something to do when things are slow at work.

GC, you may want to consider posting a ballot template (with examples of preferred format) to make your life easier when it comes to tabulating.

My template will work exactly how the top 100 films works. And I will extend the dealine to December 31, 2010 at 11:59:59 P.M. (or 23:59:59). For reference of the ballot look here.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »

GC, you may want to consider posting a ballot template (with examples of preferred format) to make your life easier when it comes to tabulating.

My template will work exactly how the top 100 films works. And I will extend the dealine to December 31, 2010 at 11:59:59 P.M. (or 23:59:59). For reference of the ballot look here.

And the formatting? Or do you care?

1. Michael Douglas - Black Rain
1. Black Rain - Michael Douglas

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
We've got Top 100 Directors, Top 100 Books and Top 100 Documentaries already planned for this year. :-\

What happened to your multitasking ambition? ;)

Couldn't we do them in tandem? I mean, for Best of Decade we had a dozen categories going, not just film and director.

Hoisted on my own petard. :D

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »
I take full responsibility for this...It was just too much for me at one time, I'm really sorry. I'm happy this is happening again. :)
Nah, not your fault at all, your effort was terrific. It was just a matter of timing; people were distracted by some other lists that were going on so it was hard to get them focused on it, and I know for myself I was really busy with school at the time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:23:14 PM by matt tmw »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 06:22:25 PM »

And the formatting? Or do you care?

1. Michael Douglas - Black Rain
1. Black Rain - Michael Douglas

Preferably the first one.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »
Wow, Russell Crowe must've showed some kinda depth in L.A. Confidential to make your list twice. :)

33      Kevin Spacey      The Usual Suspects   
   48      Robert Shaw      Jaws   
   52      Jeff Bridges    The Big Lebowski   
   53      Alec Baldwin      Glengarry Glen Ross   
   57      Jack Lemmon      Glengarry Glen Ross   
   58      Bruce Lee      Enter the Dragon   
   59      Denzel Washington      Training Day   
   70      Walter Matthau      The Taking of Pelham 123   
   71      Andy Serkis      The Two Towers   
   82      John Cameron Mitchell      Hedwig & the Angry Inch   
   98      Edward Norton      American History X   

Of the performances I've seen there's many that I'll be considering for my own list. Good stuff

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »
Just to get started here is a rough, unranked list of "performances that came to mind." Apparently I really like it when 12 year old girls act. Question...can we basically pick a role rather than a film? Can I pick Julie Delpy as Celine rather than choosing between Sunrise/Sunset or Alan Rickman as Snape, generally?

That's a good question...

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »
Just to get started here is a rough, unranked list of "performances that came to mind." Apparently I really like it when 12 year old girls act. Question...can we basically pick a role rather than a film? Can I pick Julie Delpy as Celine rather than choosing between Sunrise/Sunset or Alan Rickman as Snape, generally?

Yes. If they play the same character in multiple films, it counts as one. So Uma as The Bride is one selection (labeled: Uma Thurman - Kill Bill). But if you just like the performance in one film, please specify (i.e. Al Pacino as Michael Corleone - The Godfather 1 & 2).

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »
Glad to see another list go up so quickly B ;D. I can tell the 'oh yeah, I missed that!' factor is going to be very high with this list.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 10:49:05 PM »
Glad to see another list go up so quickly B ;D. I can tell the 'oh yeah, I missed that!' factor is going to be very high with this list.

:)

Mine is a far cry short of 100 still so I'll be adding a lot as others post and eventually ranking.