Author Topic: Italian Masters Marathon  (Read 2555 times)

DaveNJ

Italian Masters Marathon
« on: October 29, 2006, 12:24:46 PM »
Think about how good it could be. Visconti, Bertollucci, and Fellini, along with Pietro Germi and even some Sergio Leone. 8 1/2, Knights of Cabiria, The Leopard, Divorce Italian Style, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, and more. It would be a great marathon.

Jack Lumber

Re: Italian Masters Marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:25:12 PM »
Quote from: "DaveNJ"
Think about how good it could be. Visconti, Bertollucci, and Fellini, along with Pietro Germi and even some Sergio Leone. 8 1/2, Knights of Cabiria, The Leopard, Divorce Italian Style, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, and more. It would be a great marathon.

Have they seen "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" yet? They haven't mentioned any Leone films since the western marathon except for briefly mentioning that they still haven't seen "Once Upon a Time in the West"
"It simply stops at one point, rolling the credits - which is convenient, because it lets you know who to hate." -Jerry Holkins

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that gives value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

alexander

Italian Masters Marathon
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:30:15 PM »
de sicca?!

lbenschwartz

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »
Not mention Italian Horror - Dario Argento's Suspiria and Lucio Fulci's Zombie or The Beyond

BelmontATO

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:22:33 AM »
I would DEFINITELY be interested in this. Ever since I watched "La Dolce Vita" and "La Note Bianche", I have been hooked.

dheaton

• Public Transportation Snob
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 09:50:09 AM »
They may have already seen them, but I'd be very curious to hear Sam and Adam talk about La Dolce Vita and The Bicycle Thief.  I've just seen both recently, and while there are some flaws, but are interesting works of art. 

Cheers!

Dan
My Film and TV Blog - ptsnob.com
Letterboxd Profile - ptsnob

tjwells

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 12:52:54 PM »
la dolce vita is my favorite foreign film ever.