Author Topic: pixote's super slow dictation marathon  (Read 33245 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: pixote's super slow dictation marathon
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Ostrov (The Island) or Rivers and Tides. If you haven't seen either, flip a coin. ;)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 04:26:20 PM »
How about you try Three Comrades out (should be available on youtube if you can't find a different way). Or, if you can't do that one, just re-watch The Mortal Storm. Because it's stupergreat.

Three Comrades is the one I'm most anxious to see. I even watched the first twenty minutes once before getting pulled away. Seemed very promising, though. Plus, I'd just seen William Dieterle's The Last Flight, and it seemed like those two films complemented each other very well.

Have you already been getting the word out that TCM is re-airing The Mortal Storm, and has Hearts Divided and The Spanish Main on the January schedule?

Ostrov (The Island) or Rivers and Tides. If you haven't seen either, flip a coin. ;)

I'm going to go with Rivers and Tides since it's already been idling in my instant watch queue for months, with no change in sight barring some motivation.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

flieger

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 04:27:15 PM »
How's about a nice Borzage movie, pix. What have you seen?

Lucky Star
Young America
No Greater Glory
The Mortal Storm

I think I have After Tomorrow here somewhere. And Mortal Storm is on my DVR waiting for a rewatch.

pixote

How about you try Three Comrades out (should be available on youtube if you can't find a different way). Or, if you can't do that one, just re-watch The Mortal Storm. Because it's stupergreat.

Little Man, What Now? then Three Comrades then The Mortal Storm.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 04:29:30 PM »
Little Man, What Now?

Sounds good (though I expected you to introduce me to Weerasethakul).

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

flieger

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »
Little Man, What Now?

Sounds good (though I expected you to introduce me to Weerasethakul).

pixote

That can be an incentive for the forum member who has a Joe-crush to post here.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

Three Comrades is the one I'm most anxious to see. I even watched the first twenty minutes once before getting pulled away. Seemed very promising, though. Plus, I'd just seen William Dieterle's The Last Flight, and it seemed like those two films complemented each other very well.

Have you already been getting the word out that TCM is re-airing The Mortal Storm, and has Hearts Divided and The Spanish Main on the January schedule?

I have mentioned TMS. But the top 100 books must come first!
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
Some other really good ones you might have missed, pick one if you feel like it, they are all great:

Mr. Death - My favorite Morrisson documentary (he made Fog of War).
Faust - Silent by guy who made Sunrise.
Kiss of the Spider Woman - By the guy who made Pixote.
Kanal - A wonderful Polish war film.
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »
Faust - Silent by guy who made Sunrise.
Kanal - A wonderful Polish war film.

Either one of these would be perfect. They've been been high on my want-to-see list forever. I've just never gotten around to them (despite having watched A Generation last year and expecting to see Kanal soon thereafter).

pixote

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
Oh. The only two I have seen that you haven't are exactly the ones I am least excited about. I'll have to think of something else and get back to you!

Well, if you're not going to recommend A Canterbury Tale, then I might have to.

I guess if pix can't find the other one.

I know you are a much bigger fan of the film than I am - it would be interesting to know where pix falls, but I'd rather be selfish and dictate something else.

Okay pix, pick one, I can't decide:

To Be or Not To Be
Another Country
The Adventures of Prince Achmed
Don't Look Now (Remember you once said you'd watch it in exchange for my watching Wild Reeds? But you really, really don't have to  ;D)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
To Be or Not To Be
Another Country
The Adventures of Prince Achmed
Don't Look Now (Remember you once said you'd watch it in exchange for my watching Wild Reeds? But you really, really don't have to  ;D)

:)

To Be or Not to Be and Prince Achmed are both films I should watch again, but how can it not be Don't Look Now?

I can't remember what Another Country is. To IMDb, I go.

pixote