love

Author Topic: Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior  (Read 1989 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:41:57 PM »
WENDY WU: HOMECOMING WARRIOR

"Wendy Wu has only one thing on her mind: winning the crown as the year's homecoming queen. But the arrivale of the a mysterious young Chinese monk named Shen flips her whole world upside down. As if juggling homework, a hottie boyfriend and fierce competition for homecoming queen isn't enough, now she's got to seriously train her mind, body and spirit in all things Kung Fu! Will Wendy discover her own inner warrior adn learn what's really important in life?"

Someone please tell me this is as good as it sounds.

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:36:02 AM »
Yes!! Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior! I watched part of this at a friend's apartment and it was deliciously predictable and overacted. It's exactly what it sounds like- nothing more, nothing less.

Fantastical

Re: Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 09:30:36 AM »
I watched Wendy Wu recently and I was surprisingly disappointed. I expected it to be "deliciously predictable and overacted" but for me it fell between two stools. It seemed to be neither totally predictable nor something different from your average Disney Channel movie. Rather than doing it properly, the movie was filled with half-measures and almosts, which irritates me more than just plain terrible films. I know that we can't expect too much depth from the Disney Channel, but introducing a subject so important as cultural identity and then, in my opinion, butchering it, isn't good enough.

Sorry Mickey Mouse, you'll have to try a bit harder next time. Perhaps with High School Musical 2?  ;)

Hey hey hey!

denmmurray

Re: Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:43:56 PM »
I think there's even a television show on Nickelodeon if the dvd doesn't whet your appetite. Personally, wendy wu really speaks to me...there's just so much...hmm...depth to her story.