Author Topic: What's the Dumbest thing you've read on IMDb  (Read 24951 times)

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
Re: What's the Dumbest thing you've read on IMDb
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 01:46:55 PM »
The dumbest thing I've read on IMDB I'm not going to quote or discuss at length.  It's for a film I hate so much that the meer thought of it makes me want to commit homicide.  I don't want anyone going to the IMDB page and giving it even ten seconds of their life.  I have a personal vendetta against the film and it's crimes against humanity, so I never ever talk about it for fear someone might seek it out t see if it's as bad as I make it out to be.  The truth is it's probably not, but I hate it anyway, as if it made a pass at my mother, or teased a retarded child.

The fact that anyone would like this film is stupid enough.

I'm a little afraid that you're going to tell us what it is, and it's going to be one of my favorite movies. so.......

what is it?

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »
The dumbest thing I've read on IMDB I'm not going to quote or discuss at length.  It's for a film I hate so much that the meer thought of it makes me want to commit homicide.  I don't want anyone going to the IMDB page and giving it even ten seconds of their life.  I have a personal vendetta against the film and it's crimes against humanity, so I never ever talk about it for fear someone might seek it out t see if it's as bad as I make it out to be.  The truth is it's probably not, but I hate it anyway, as if it made a pass at my mother, or teased a retarded child.

The fact that anyone would like this film is stupid enough.

Wow, it could be so many movies.

My guess: The Sound Of Music
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
Hey, nice marmot!

Aaron

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 01:22:27 AM »
I wish I had saved this rambling, unnabomber, no heat or running water living in a one room shack rant that was posted on the listing for Constintine (just before it was ready to come out in the theaters).  This took up at least 5 postings, rambled on like On the Road, and could have been adapted into a stageplay, it was so strange and CINECAST!ed up. 
It consisted of how Keanu had a scene where he walked past a mirror and saw a reflection of himself but it turns out that he stole the whole idea of the female diving into water (water was a major point she returned to over and over that connected him to her) from a dream that she had when Keanu and her lived together (not on this timeline, mind you) and he stole so much from her, including ideas from most of his films (like The Lakehouse, perhaps?!)  It went on and on and proves that you should not post when you are off your meds.

Again, my explination does not come close to how Lynch like it was. Good Lynch.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 03:37:45 PM »
The Film that Must Not Be Named...

I will not utter it's name, seriously I hate it that much.  But I have to admit, there is more the back story.  I met the filmmaker after I saw it, and I at this point already hated it more than life itself, and he was so patronizing, so condescending, so downright evil.  It was like he was the Barlow character from 'Salem's Lot.  People (and by people I mean middle age to pensioner house wives who openly admitted to their love of Lifetime Television) were f-ing loving this film and begging this guy for copies and just saying things like "This is the best film I've seen in years, why isn't it playing in my local cinema?"  And his response was to be completely mean to them.  Right to their faces make fun of them, make slights at their expense, but that came off as if he took they're comments to heart.  A real charmer.  What I couldn't believe was how they ate it up, as if he was the nicest person in the world.  I was flabbergasted.  Seriously.  The look of horror on my face must have been evident because people afterwards were asking me if I was ok.  I then met another filmmaker that evening who asked me if I met this guy, and what my impression was.  We both ended up having the same feelings and couldn't understand how people were going around saying he was the nicest guy in the world.  I'm serious when I say this guy could have told the room at large t drink the Koolaid and all but three of us would have done it.  The strange thing is, there would have been no promise of a better world or life on the other side, he would have plainly said "You people are so stupid you don't deserve to live, so drink this poisoned sugar beverage and usher yourselves on to oblivion!"  And they would have done it without a thought. 

This was one of those defining moments when I realized the extent to which our viewing public has sunk.  I knew it was bad enough for films like Soul Plane and Boat Trip to get made, but those films didn't bring it insane amounts of money, they floated like the turds they were just enough to recoup a bit more than they cost.  But to watch a room full of people fall prey to one of the worst films I've ever seen, than beg a filmmaker to insult them to their faces was the limit.

The closest I'll come to revealing this film is to say this, if you have to most recent issue of Empire magazine, there is somewhere in that magazine a mention of it.  That's as close as you'll come to knowing this film.  If I told you outright, their would be a surge to the IMDB page to make it's points rise for a day or so, and I can't have that...

And no, it's not the Sound of Music.  I own and cherish that film ;D
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
Will you give it up if someone guesses it?
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:03 PM »
I can think of two, maybe three directors who match the profile of the Director of the Film that Must Not Be Named.

Hmmm... Are you sure it wasn't Nancy Walker at a screening of You Can't Stop the Music?

Anyway, probably not the dumbest thing, but certainly the creepiest thing I saw was the discussion page of the documentary 'Spellbound' where the kids from the movie started posting on the boards and then creepy wierdos would try to pick them up.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »
Only in private message form will I confirm or deny the film, I don't want this thread to be "guess the movie" more than it already has. 
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

ElectricOtter

• Elite Member
  • I masticate in public.
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 05:02:53 PM »
this thread does revel in our snobbery quite a bit, but it seems that we're all okay with it.  ;) (and I started it, so you know it's good.)

I might resent you for that if it weren't so true.

And the best way to revel in snobbery is when one group collectively does so against another without fear of reprisal. It's always nice to bond with people over mutual hatred of something.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:05:09 PM by ElectricOtter »
But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, count every beautiful thing we can see...

www.myspace.com/fightingpickletog
www.boothfilmcritics.org
http://dmbmovieboi.dvdaf.com/owned

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 07:07:57 PM »
  We could go and start a fight on one of the IMDB boards... ::)
Hey, nice marmot!

love