love

Author Topic: Filmspotting Rated #1  (Read 22932 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Filmspotting Rated #1
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
Also, can anyone explain to me why Film Junk is on that list? I know those guys are Canadian, but they sound like a bunch douchebags who often demonstrate a lack of knowledge or caring about film. At least on the /Flimcast, even though they aren't as knowledgable about film as Kempy, they constantly show that they want to know more.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 01:44:56 PM »
It's a pity vote because of the lack of good Canadian podcast.  :P

You could change that...*HINT*

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »

Yeah, I don't often like to toot my own horn, but our podcast was a bout a million times better than Film Junk in even our worst episode (Devil's Backbone!) Obviously nowhere near Filmspotting level though.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
glad to see the IFC crew on there too. Singer and Wilmore are a lot of fun on that podcast (and Adams guest appearence there brought me to Filmspotting).

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
Much deserved accolade. Not just for quality but for sustained quality..300 plus episodes is an astounding achievement. When I started listening it was on a Creative NOMAD Jukebox and pre-iTunes podcasts, now that's old!
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Yeah, I don't often like to toot my own horn, but our podcast was a bout a million times better than Film Junk in even our worst episode (Devil's Backbone!) Obviously nowhere near Filmspotting level though.
It probably had to do with that midstream host change.  :P

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 04:03:15 PM »
I need to start listening to the show again. My excuse has been that I haven't had the time.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
    • justAtad
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »
glad to see the IFC crew on there too. Singer and Wilmore are a lot of fun on that podcast (and Adams guest appearence there brought me to Filmspotting).

Yeah. IFC is great. Matt and Alison have awesome chemistry. And Matt is a super cool dude. Had the pleasure of talking with him at the 2008 and 2009 TIFF meetups. The 2009 one involved a long group discussion of the way men and women view films differently, which devolved into Matt attempting to explain to me the concept behing Green Lantern. I still find Green Lantern silly. His weakness is the colour yellow? Really?

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 04:54:36 PM »
When I clicked the link... and I don't want to overstate this, I don't know what PopMatters reach is... but I was like, oh cool, I'll take #5 or something. And I'm scanning the list seeing AV Club, Gabfest, IFC, Sound Opinions, and I'm thinking, hey, I thought we made this list. #1 was a nice surprise.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
I thought filmspotting was an elitist indie fringe podcast that only a few cool insiders knew about - not some #1 commercial pop show.......I'm gonna have to find a new podcast now.......lulz

Brilliant work Adam and Matty!!!!!! The time you spend on making such a quality show really stands out - it is fantastic to see recognition go to people who deserve it.

So will this seal your criterion collection commentary deal now? ;)
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

love