Author Topic: Filmspotting Rated #1  (Read 22934 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Filmspotting Rated #1
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
So will this seal your criterion collection commentary deal now? ;)

What I'm imaging is that the Criterions would still have their crazy awesome heavily researched commentaries with film professors I've never heard of, and then on certain discs they invite Adam and Matty to do a lighter, more silly second commentary track.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »
I still find Green Lantern silly. His weakness is the colour yellow? Really?

Green Lantern is awesome in just about every one of his incarnations. But the Alan Scott Green Lantern may just possibly be the greatest version of the character ever, just slightly edging out Hal Jordan, and is one of the greatest comics characters ever period. Just go and read The Golden Age by James Robinson for an example of how in one small sequence his awesomeness takes over and entire mini-series and shows how a weakness to wood can be made completely plausible.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 10:33:31 PM »
I thought filmspotting was an elitist indie fringe podcast that only a few cool insiders knew about - not some #1 commercial pop show.......I'm gonna have to find a new podcast now.......lulz
I know, right? Clearly the two of us need to start our own podcast for the disenfranchised moviegoer.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:30 PM »

Green Lantern is awesome in just about every one of his incarnations. But the Alan Scott Green Lantern may just possibly be the greatest version of the character ever, just slightly edging out Hal Jordan, and is one of the greatest comics characters ever period. Just go and read The Golden Age by James Robinson for an example of how in one small sequence his awesomeness takes over and entire mini-series and shows how a weakness to wood can be made completely plausible.

I was mostly joking Bill. Mostly joking. Plus, I am really excited about Ryan Reynolds being a superhero!
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »

I was mostly joking Bill. Mostly joking. Plus, I am really excited about Ryan Reynolds being a superhero!

I never miss a chance to expound on the awesomeness of the Green Lantern.  :)

bama_filmsnob

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »
Congrats guys. Your #1 ranking is surely deserved.

Having listened to a number of Film podcasts throughout the years: Scene Unseen, The Hollywood Saloon, All Movie Talk, etc, I have always found Filmspotting to be the most informative as well as entertaining podcast out there. (and to help me through my soul-sucking cube farm job)
"Well it lacked certain elements that we need to market a film successfully. Suspense, laughter, violence, nudity, sex. Happy endings. Mainly happy endings."

“But what about reality?”

FarfetchFilm

• never resist the unfamiliar.
    • The Film Tourist
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
didn't win podcast-awards, NOW WHO THE F#$% IS DOUG @ DOUG LOVES MOVIES, he does'nt talk about films, he website SUCKS.

FILMSPOTTING 4EVER

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »
Even though I voted for Filmspotting, Doug Loves Movies is very awesome.  But... more as a comedy show than as a movie show.

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »
didn't win podcast-awards, NOW WHO THE F#$% IS DOUG @ DOUG LOVES MOVIES, he does'nt talk about films, he website SUCKS.

FILMSPOTTING 4EVER
Thanks for the support! But don't feel bad... we haven't actually encouraged anyone to vote for us since the first year we were nominated. We're like the Susan Lucci of that contest. Always nominated, never win.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »
Even though I voted for Filmspotting, Doug Loves Movies is very awesome.  But... more as a comedy show than as a movie show.

Very awesome indeed, and movie talk is secondary but it's present enough for me to consider it a movie podcast.