Poll

Which musical sequence from Fantasia was your favorite?

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
0 (0%)
Nutcracker Suite
1 (3.6%)
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
7 (25%)
The Rite of Spring
1 (3.6%)
Intermission/Meet the Soundtrack
0 (0%)
The Pastoral Symphony
3 (10.7%)
Dance of the Hours
2 (7.1%)
Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Fantasia: Best Sequence  (Read 6289 times)

chesterfilms

• Godfather
Re: Fantasia: Best Sequence
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »
Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 01:51:49 AM »
As much as I love Mickey, he gets too much press.  Go for the demon and the darkness.  It is the most dramatic piece in the film, and a fitting climax.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »
The demon on top of Bald Mountain, wow.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 02:09:20 AM »
Someone should vote for the one with the dinosaurs because it's the second or third best in the film.

The one with the Dinosaurs is the best.  Although I must say it totally traumatized me as a child, that thing is insanely violent.  Couldn't sleep because I thought T-Rex would eat me.      
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:17:25 PM by zarodinu »
I’ve lied to men who wear belts. I’ve lied to men who wear suspenders. But I’d never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

FlickeringWindow

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »
Fantasia is one of my favorite movies, but I've always felt the Pastoral/Beethoven segment drags and is comparatively ordinary compared to the rest of the film. It should have been released as a Silly Symphony on its own and replaced with the deleted "Clair de Lune" segment.

The Toccata segment is a masterwork of abstract animation. The Nutcracker is one of the most beautiful sequences ever animated. The Sorcerer's Apprentice brings Mickey from routine to the sublime. The Rite of Spring has all the great naturalistic animation, plus a surprising accuracy to natural history. Dances of the Hours is hilarious. Night on Bald Mountain is terrifying, only to be overpowered by the beautiful Ave Maria coda.

The Pastoral doesn't really offer anything special besides pretty animation and the mythology.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »
Would've voted for "Ave Maria" if it was a choice by itself... hauntingly beautiful.  But I don't care as much for the "Night on Bald Mountain" portion, so I went for the adorable "Dance of the Hours".