Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229357 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #2730 on: May 27, 2020, 08:44:23 AM »
I technically can now go out to get a haircut but there still is zero tolerance meet up or having social interactions in public so I will wait another month.

In or out of the office, I usually spend from 6+ Hours  in meetings online everyday . We are encouraged to be more engaged which means turning on video in the meetings regardless of having to look professional. We see each other probably in more natural states. You do get a lot more interruptions of kids running into a room or pets demanding attention, etc. I probably do 25% of the time, I leave it off in the morning as I start meetings early and tend not to to shower until after lunch now.  I clean up and shave when I have to interview somebody.  While things slowed down, I still managed to keep my open position that I have been trying to fill. I put an offer last week and she excepted yesterday so relieved to get that done as worried they may delay any hiring.

Now I can stop shaving again 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2731 on: May 27, 2020, 06:18:48 PM »
I have light brown hair (it was very light blonde when I was young) so if I have gray hairs I'm not sure I'd even know because there would be no strong contrast.

This is true for me as well, had bright blonde hair. Continues to be true with my facial hair. But the gray is now unmistakable. You’ll see! But maybe not too soon.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2732 on: June 21, 2020, 03:28:46 AM »
What's a good source for aerobic workouts? I've been doing some body weight stuff, and I do 20-30 minute walks per day when it's cool enough to do so (11pm or later), but I'd like to find something for the mornings to get me going.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2733 on: June 30, 2020, 12:32:43 AM »
What's a good source for aerobic workouts? I've been doing some body weight stuff, and I do 20-30 minute walks per day when it's cool enough to do so (11pm or later), but I'd like to find something for the mornings to get me going.

Not aerobic but I am a big fan of yoga.  For one, I am not very flexible so it helps address that as well as it can be quite a challenge especially due to the amount of core work.  While I always question myself why the hell am I doing this during the first 20 mins, I always feel so much better after a class.  Even in a non-hot class, I will be drenched in sweat. 

I started doing 5 times a week now and usually do kettlebells and other work out a couple days as well.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2734 on: July 08, 2020, 09:47:18 AM »
Well I don’t know about anyone else but BOTH Amber and Johnny sound like a-holes to me.
Hey, nice marmot!

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2735 on: July 08, 2020, 09:49:20 AM »
Well I don’t know about anyone else but BOTH Amber and Johnny sound like a-holes to me.

Who now?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2736 on: July 08, 2020, 10:06:04 AM »
I think that must be the Depps....

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2737 on: July 08, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »
I think that must be the Depps....

Yep - read a bit about the trial.
Violence, bed pooping, addiction enabling...these two sound like a real hoot.
Hey, nice marmot!

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2738 on: July 20, 2020, 12:18:35 AM »
Anyone know anything about crocheting? I'm trying to start. 

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2739 on: July 21, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
My mum is prepared to answer any question you might have (I'm staying with them for a few days).

love