love

Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229267 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
Chrome is the best. It's fast. I like the way it handles tabs (not moving the x when you close multiple tabs is great) and the omni-bar is awesome.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2011, 11:01:18 PM »
I can't remember why I was so harsh on Chrome the first time around, but things have changed.
Well, depending on when you tried it, there was a time when it was basically a massive pain to add any sort of additional functionally to the browser.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #382 on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
Yeah, that's how it was when I first tried it. I missed my bookmarks too much. I'm back on Chrome mainly, but I do pull up Firefox when I want to use different plug-ins. And having both browsers lets me be logged in to different Google accounts at once.

Totoro

« Reply #383 on: June 29, 2011, 12:22:51 PM »
I realized something.

I forgive my ex. She's human and she's still figuring out life and everything.

Her new relationship is wrong though. She left me for him. I don't believe that's really love. I refuse to believe love is waiting around with someone until someone better comes along. If the relationship was ending, she should have told me that we needed to break up. It takes two to start one, but one to end it. Instead, she cheated, lied, and left me. Cheating is actually WORSE for the cheater than it is for the person being cheated on. They're always going to compare their new relationship with their old one, always going to look for the perfect person, but will never find one. They'll jump through relationship after relationship to avoid the realization that the problem is them, not others. And that's... depressing. I've realized things about myself in this break up. I'm going to be at peace in mind for my next relationship. I want to reconnect with my ex because I love her and I'm going to try being friends. Maybe I'll tell her all of this. I don't know.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:04:48 PM by Totoro »

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
If the relationship was ending, she should have told me that we needed to break up. It takes two to start one, but one to end it. Instead, she cheated, lied, and is not with him.

I want to reconnect with my ex because I love her and I'm going to try being friends.

This sounds like an experience I had many years ago.  Maybe it will be different for you, but trying to be friends did not work for us.  After a while I realized that I was as responsible for the breakup as she was, but the cheating thing was always there, unspoken but looming over any chances of real friendship. 

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2011, 01:25:37 PM »
Yeah, I think you can aspire to be friendly with an ex (I am with mine) but not friends.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
If the relationship was ending, she should have told me that we needed to break up. It takes two to start one, but one to end it.

Maybe from casual observation or maybe from listening to too much Loveline back in my day, but often it seems some people just need to be in a relationship which means that don't break up when they should.  They wait until they have another one to jump into.  I saw this with a couple of my female college friends as well, they were very unhappy in a relationship that was not working but never broke up until they met somebody new.  Not to say yours was a horrible relationship, but some people just hate the idea of not being in one. 

I want to reconnect with my ex because I love her and I'm going to try being friends. Maybe I'll tell her all of this. I don't know.

This can sometimes work, but you really have to give it time and let it form naturally.  If it is one or two months, don't push it as I think it is way too early.  Let things be for 6 months or a year or more and then sometimes it can work.  The couple of ex's that I later became friends didn't happen by trying to make it happen.  One I tried to remain in touch with and the more I did the more distant she got.  She had her own things to deal with and pushed me away.  Maybe 6 months later we reconnected and now have been friends for the last 10 years.  I have met her BF,, stayed in their spare room, taken them to dinner when they were passing through Singapore one year, etc.  Maybe we chat every few months now but I know she will always be a friend.

The other ex-gf really despised me for a while and didn't talk to me for years though we did have some common friends.  After a couple of years we bumped into each other and had a casual conversation and started to chat some.  Then I decided to move overseas, so we met a few times for dinner and became pretty good friends at that point.   If I was back in town, we met up and she gave me a couch to sleep on if I needed it. All was good until one of our common friends later destroyed it again by suggesting I had other motives but that wasn't true.  So when she said she no longer want to remain in touch, I just let it be. 

Sometimes it is just not worth the energy and your peace to try to force a situation to happen.  It is beyond your control so relax and wait to see what happens. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #387 on: June 30, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
I've been messing around with Chrome. It's cool, but the tabs are still too bulky. Once you app tabs, you never go back tabs.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Just to let people know, if I'm late responding to anything- List of Shame, Dictator Club, Brackets, inquiries- it's because we're having computer problems at the house now and I'm not sure when I'll have them resolved.

dallegre

« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
Yep chrome rules. I wish there was an iPad version.

This is why I was so torn between getting an iPad or one of the Honeycomb tablets. I ended up going with the iPad, but when I tried out the Xoom the browser was as good as chrome on a desktop.