Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229264 times)

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #830 on: December 24, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
Just don't worry so much about "being single"!  It isn't a crime, you know

In fact just bear in mind that from time to time the attached amongst us would kill for a bit of time being single.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #831 on: December 24, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »
Just don't worry so much about "being single"!  It isn't a crime, you know

In fact just bear in mind that from time to time the attached amongst us would kill for a bit of time being single.

It's not exaggeration to say I fantasize about it.

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #832 on: December 24, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
That's CINECASTing! hilarious.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #833 on: December 24, 2011, 02:12:59 PM »
I'll be boogie-boarding at Hanalei Bay on Kauai today with my granddaughter while her mommy and daddy and aunt learn to surf.

How exotic does that sound. In Sheffield, it's dark, dank and rainy. If anybody wants to do house-swap for next Xmas please let me know ;)

Being single this time of year is really starting to take a toll on me. This is the first time celebrating Christmas alone since 2008. I'm going crazy in desperation, ugh.

Watch these, listen and learn from the master 8)

Woody Allen - How To Get The Girl (Bogart Style)

Woody Allen - Talk To A Girl

He's never done me wrong!!!

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #834 on: December 25, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
Being single this time of year is really starting to take a toll on me. This is the first time celebrating Christmas alone since 2008. I'm going crazy in desperation, ugh.

Oh, Totoro, you remind me so much of myself at your age.  Will it help if I tell you things do get better?  I know it's cliché but in my experience romance really does come when you're not looking for it.  You seem very downtrodden about women and about not being attached, but try to learn to enjoy your own company, and the company of friends.  "Desperation" is a turn-off for almost everyone, and the people it does attract are not those who are good for you.

I know if someone had said these things to a 22 year-old Martin, it probably wouldn't have helped anything.  But I wish it could have.  Just don't worry so much about "being single"!  It isn't a crime, you know :)

Very well said and I agree about what a 22 year old jdc would be the same and now the 42 year old jdc wishes he could have knocked a little more sense into him at the time.

Wasn't it (the now absent) Bill that had such a negative outlook with women for a while and next thing you know he get married?  (at least if my old mind still remembers this threads). 

Anyway.. I spent most of my xmas and holidays without a SO over the years.  Usually though it was spent out with good friends that were also in the same boat.  Chinatown in San Francisco almost became a traditional Xmas dinner for a group of us
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #835 on: December 26, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
I hope smirnoff's absence is on account of him being a great host to his family.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:56:33 PM by Sandy »

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #836 on: December 26, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »
You're making me paranoid.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #837 on: December 27, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »
I hope smirnoff's absence is on account of him being a great host to his family.

It was. :)

It was really nice having them come here this Christmas and being able to avoid the whole riggamarole of visiting various extended family members, and preparing a huge dinner, and just driving all over the place. We're all pretty sick of that stuff. It was just the three of us, and it was no trouble at all. Good food and drink, gift giving and everythiing else. One of the most layed back Christmases I've ever had, and also one of the best.

And Merry Christmas to you, Sandy :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:41:35 PM by smirnoff »

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #838 on: December 27, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
It sounds perfect smirnoff.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #839 on: December 28, 2011, 02:20:44 AM »
A laid back Christmas IS a perfect Christmas.

This year, my  Christmas was hectic and insane.  By the time the actual day rolled around I was ready to quit.  But it was great for everyone else, so that's good.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky