Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229296 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #1130 on: July 18, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »
Just this weekend I was commiserating with my dad on the phone about the various renovation projects we're both chipping away at, and how now that it's summer working in coveralls is quite uncomfortable. Worse still if your particular coveralls are made with a cotton that breaths about as well as a old yellow raincoat. Anyways, one other design flaw came up that we both thought was the biggest oversight of all. No flap on the chest pocket thingy! Any time you bend over to pick something up you also end up picking up the former contents of said pocket. Very frustrating, and yet somehow putting things in those pockets can't be helped!

Fast forward to today. I'm painting my utility closet, I bend over to move the paint tray and *plop*, in goes my mp3 player. I pull it out by the cord, like a wet rat. Ugh. I grab a roll of toilet paper and begin trying to wipe off the paint, and it seems to be going well, but then I notice the mini-usb port is just completely filled. Paint is all over the connectors, and the opening is so small I can barely get at it to clean. So I dunno, I did my best. It continued to play music the entire time (which is promising), but the real problem is that mini-usb port. It's how you charge it and transfer new music. If that's buggered, it's all buggered. I'll see what happens tomorrow, when it's dried out. Maybe I can chip out the rest with a pin or something.

Anyways, that's my gaff of the day. Fortunately it's not a particularly expensive player. I sure wish I'd sown on a make-shift flap like I was thinking about though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:05:11 PM by smirnoff »

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1131 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
That sucks. I was painting a room last week and decided to do it in silence to avoid just such an incident. I brought the player into the room but then saw the paint tray sitting there and I thought better of it. A rare moment of foresight.

I did drop my iPod in the toilet last year and it survived, if that makes you feel any better.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:29:50 PM by mañana »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1132 on: July 18, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »
 :'( Sansa Clip Zip.

If the paint is latex, it might peel out if it's nearly dry. Sorry about that smirnoff.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1133 on: July 18, 2012, 11:08:11 PM »
All year round I wear an overshirt and put my iPod and phone in the breast pockets, unbuttoned. 

A few years ago, I was preparing a number of bags full of food to be given to the homeless and mentally ill.  Somehow in the process of that, I lost my iPod in one of those bags.

Someone got a really cool surprise when they got home.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1134 on: July 18, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
I have DirecTV and I am not happy.
Hey, nice marmot!

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1135 on: July 19, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
I went into that doctor's appointment a boy, and I came out a man.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1136 on: July 19, 2012, 04:37:46 PM »
Prostate exam?
Hey, nice marmot!

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1137 on: July 19, 2012, 06:06:39 PM »
That sucks. I was painting a room last week and decided to do it in silence to avoid just such an incident. I brought the player into the room but then saw the paint tray sitting there and I thought better of it. A rare moment of foresight.

I did drop my iPod in the toilet last year and it survived, if that makes you feel any better.

It does now. My player is still working, mini-usb and all!

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1138 on: July 19, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
Prostate exam?
Oh, yeah, big time.

My player is still working, mini-usb and all!
Nice!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman