Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229436 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #1390 on: March 16, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Awesome Martin! Must try the Popeye Chicken some day, and shuabert's onion ring recommendation. My favorite franchise food is the grilled steak salad at Cafe Rio, with all that great stuff on it, pico, guacamole, cilantro, lime and the pièce de résistance--the cilantro ranch; reluctantly leaving out the tortilla. I could eat that everyday.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but my favorite sandwich is the Vegetarian with Roast Beef at Jimmy Johns. Now that's a sandwich.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1391 on: March 16, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
I worked at Jimmy Johns for 3 years in college and I must say that I never saw that combination.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #1392 on: March 16, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Thanks for taking a bullet for the rest of us Martin!

This with the franchise/fast food chain's, clearly is an American thing, because I can't remember the last time I went to one of these fast food places? must be years ago?

Unless if Fish & Chips count, then that would be a week last Wednesday.

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1393 on: March 16, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »
Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a classic.

Loved Taco Bell's Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito but they stopped selling it. :'(

I basically never get fast food anymore though.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1394 on: March 16, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
After the White Castle films came out I went to the states on a trip and went out of my way to try it. My girlfriend refused to taste it once we saw it and I could only stomach two bites. There are freaking holes in the burger to save meat! It was the closest thing to dog food I have ever eaten.

Maybe I got a bad one?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1395 on: March 16, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »
Totally agree on Wendy's chili, but it's also great to dip their sub-standard fries into as a means to improve them.

Yeah but you wouldn't need both, unless that's all you're eating.

A&W Onion Rings are the most underrated fast food snack.

I think my wife had those once.  I'm not big on onion rings.

Awesome Martin! Must try the Popeye Chicken some day, and shuabert's onion ring recommendation. My favorite franchise food is the grilled steak salad at Cafe Rio, with all that great stuff on it, pico, guacamole, cilantro, lime and the pièce de résistance--the cilantro ranch; reluctantly leaving out the tortilla. I could eat that everyday.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but my favorite sandwich is the Vegetarian with Roast Beef at Jimmy Johns. Now that's a sandwich.

Never heard of either of those places (Jimmy Johns kind of rings a bell).  Are they regional? 

Thanks for taking a bullet for the rest of us Martin!

This with the franchise/fast food chain's, clearly is an American thing, because I can't remember the last time I went to one of these fast food places? must be years ago?

Unless if Fish & Chips count, then that would be a week last Wednesday.

We eat a lot of take-out, I'm not proud of it.  I don't really know how to cook and my wife is good at it but ridiculously lazy (she did just buy some kitchen stuff, but I doubt she'll ever use it... I'll believe it when I see it).  And yeah, fish & chips counts.

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a classic.

My favorite sandwich there, although lately I'm gravitating towards their grilled chicken.

Loved Taco Bell's Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito but they stopped selling it. :'(

If I remember correctly, that one was too gloppy/gooey for me.  There's very little I like at Taco Bell.  The Meximelt is okay and the Fresco menu is decent.  I used to love their taquitos, but they stopped selling those too!  Ever have Taco Time?  I should have made this a top SIX, I totally forgot their Crisp Chicken Burrito, it's scrumptious. 

After the White Castle films came out I went to the states on a trip and went out of my way to try it. My girlfriend refused to taste it once we saw it and I could only stomach two bites. There are freaking holes in the burger to save meat! It was the closest thing to dog food I have ever eaten.

Maybe I got a bad one?

From their website: "Our burgers have five holes because they help the patties cook faster and more evenly while eliminating the need to turn them over."  Could be a pack of lies, I suppose, but I'll buy it.  Anyway, I guess it's an acquired taste.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1396 on: March 16, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »
I worked at Jimmy Johns for 3 years in college and I must say that I never saw that combination.

Leave it to me to be the odd man out. I'm only slightly embarrassed when I order one. You've got to admit, it would make a great sandwich, right? Right? :) Or, do you never want to see a JJ sandwich again?

Never heard of either of those places (Jimmy Johns kind of rings a bell).  Are they regional? 

There are two Jimmy Johns in Portland and Cafe Rio is all throughout the West, except for Oregon and Washington. It's just a matter of time before you'll be infiltrated too. :)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1397 on: March 16, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
No chipotle love? I've never been but isn't it considered the crem-de-la-crem of fast food?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1398 on: March 16, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »
I've never had it.  I keep meaning to try it, but there isn't one nearby.  I've heard both good and bad.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1399 on: March 16, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »
I was in Florida last week and no matter how many times I go to the states it never ceases to amaze me that you can order a medium rare burger! That is against the law in Canada.