love

Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229430 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #1420 on: March 17, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
There's no such thing as too much cream cheese on a bagel!

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1421 on: March 17, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »
 ???
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1422 on: March 17, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »
In-N-Out's Double Double, protein style, ketchup/mustard, no spread & Five Guys Cheeseburger (LTOKM) are my favorite fast burgers. Five Guys fries are by far the best things out there.

I find White Castle really revolting - the onion smell makes me gag, let alone the meat itself.

Smmich wise, when Subway first started I had them fairly often but have completely given up on them over the years, I like the soulless comment - its so true. Plus Wawa is cheaper for that kinda thing. First Quiznos came along and they were great, now its Panera Bread & Cosi that cater to any sandwich needs I have. The Corner Bakery is pretty good but there aren't that many of them. Primo has excellent hoagies as well.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1423 on: March 17, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »
There's no such thing as too much cream cheese on a bagel!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1424 on: March 17, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »
Yes! That's exactly what the monster bagels I encountered in NYC looked like. Scary stuff.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1425 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:19 PM »
Since ses gave a shoutout to her shiny pan, I'll say I love my new steam mop.  I did the floors effortlessly. 
Texan Down Under

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1426 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
What does it look like saltine? Or, can you post a model #?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1427 on: March 17, 2013, 10:47:53 PM »

Bissell Model BS23V8F

That pointed part swivels so it gets the edges and corners with ease.  Fill the tank, wait for the steam to start, push the trigger and go over the floor.  My floors are high gloss tiles; they have never looked better.  So easy.
Texan Down Under

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1428 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
I think I love you saltine! :))

thanks!

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1429 on: March 21, 2013, 11:08:33 PM »
I recently needed a mover and got a couple of recommendations.  At first, I just called one and he came out to assess my stuff and checked the property where it was moving to.  We agreed on a the date but I waited his quote.  When it finally came, it was 3 times higher than my previous 3 moves.  In his quote he mentioned it was walkup on both sides so I corrected him saying that it was walkup (3 flights) at the new place but my old place had an elevator.  His response was that I still had a stair case inside and that he already gave me a 10% discount.

I quickly called the next mover who came out 2 hours later to check my stuff and gave me a quote on the spot that was 1/3 the price.

I messaged the first guy to tell him that his price was too high and I was going to use another mover in which case he quickly replied that he would drop the price by $400 which was still 100% high then the quote I just received.

So annoying that somebody tries to blatantly take advantage.  I don't think he realized that I had lived here a long time, moved quite a few times so knew the real cost, and was a partner in a business that was previously recommending him to customers that needed moving services.

The fact that he quickly dropped his first quote so much once he knew I got another quote just annoyed me even more since he basically was admitting that he was just trying to gouge me.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

love