Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229214 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #1470 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »
Nathan's is kind of a chain, but you won't find hotdogs at places like McDonald's and Burger King, or most places with Drive Thrus. Sonic does have a number of different hotdogs, as does Johnny Rockets, though both of those are tougher places to track down in my neck of the woods. Hotdogs tend to be made by the toppings put on them in that case, which is mostly a waste because aside from chili, cheese, and/or mustard toppings on hotdogs are gross. Some specialty places are better as they are more likely to use different kinds of meat to make the hotdogs.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1471 on: November 19, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
A&W has hot dogs.  I've never tried one.  Maybe I will today.

NW regional chain Burgerville used to have hot dogs but they dropped them from the menu.  They were really friggin' good hot dogs :(

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1472 on: November 19, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
I didn't know Burgerville had hotdogs.

FLY is right about the toppings making the hotdog, but oh, so wrong about the gross factor! :D So many regional hotdogs to choose from:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/07/america-regional-hot-dog-styles-coneys-half-smokes-reds-whites.html

My favorite is the Chicago Dog (I don't think ketchup is supposed to be on it though. I'd leave that off.).

If ever you're in Utah, I'll take you to J Dawgs, a very popular local creation. It's all about the sauce and then you can add on what you like. I've only eaten there twice--don't want to make it a habit. :)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:52:57 AM by Sandy »

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1473 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »
I usually roll just ketchup but I like the pickle spear idea. Want to go buy hot dogs just to try it.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1474 on: November 19, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
In Cincinnati, there are Skyline and Gold Star which are chili places, and they sell the popular cheese coney, which is basically a hotdog with chili and cheese on it.  In Chicago, I love Hot Doug's. Now that I am Denver, I have been to Biker Jim's a few times before Colorado Rockies games.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1475 on: November 19, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
Hot Diggity is Philly's hipster (read: awesome) dog place on South Street. They have various takes on regional dogs: The Cincinnati Skyline, The Windy City, The Saigon Fusion, ect. Apparently they are expanding... all the way to Birmingham, UK!?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1476 on: November 19, 2013, 02:26:33 PM »
Just tried the Coney Cheese Dog at A&W.  Bleh.  I was hoping the picture was an exaggeration, but they really do pile on way too much chili & cheese.  The dog gets totally lost under all that slop.  I prefer just onions and sometimes jalapenos and/or ketchup on a dog, but chili/cheese can be nice when done in moderation.  This was not moderated.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #1477 on: November 19, 2013, 02:29:44 PM »
Thanks for your reconnaissance work, Martin!

You're so lucky ˇKeith! Look at all those choices. I think I'd try the Seattle Grunge first.

I just realized I haven't had lunch yet. No wonder this thread is so appealing...

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1478 on: November 19, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
I just realized I haven't had lunch yet. No wonder this thread is so appealing...

;D

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #1479 on: November 25, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »
Ketchup... brrr!
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

love