Author Topic: General Chatter  (Read 229199 times)

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
Re: General Chatter
« Reply #2520 on: January 07, 2018, 05:03:30 AM »
I watched one or two episodes. Couldn't be bothered with the rest, don't see much point in it. I did notice how they made Strange appear earlier, which I thought was good for the pacing.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2521 on: January 09, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »
Been getting back into drinking tea in the last few weeks. I drank a lot when I was in London back in 2013 and then sporadically when I got back stateside. Mostly green and British black tea as well as some sleepytime for when I was sick.

The last 10 days or so have been bitterly cold and I got stuck at home because of my car heater was broken. Before it got too cold to go driving around in a heater-less car, I stocked up on some stuff and decided tea might be nice. I ended up feeling under the weather and I decided tea with every meal would help and I fell in love again. I decided to get one of those electric kettles for work and bought some Earl Gray just to see if I like the taste.

Any regular tea drinkers out there that want to offer suggestions/tips?

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2522 on: January 09, 2018, 09:55:30 PM »
Don't squeeze the bag!

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2523 on: January 09, 2018, 10:11:33 PM »
I only squeeze the bag into the sink so all that moisture doesn't go into my garbage can. :D

Any opinions on the fact that I brew my tea by the gallon by putting it in a pitcher in the refrigerator for like 8 hours. I like the mellowness.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2524 on: January 09, 2018, 10:28:24 PM »

Tea should not contain milk and/or sugar
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2526 on: January 09, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »
ahhhh.. what do the British know about tea???
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2527 on: January 10, 2018, 12:35:35 AM »
Any opinions on the fact that I brew my tea by the gallon by putting it in a pitcher in the refrigerator for like 8 hours. I like the mellowness.

Good with me. I only brew pots of tea myself. It's been a long time since I just dropped a bag in a cup.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #2528 on: January 10, 2018, 02:48:47 AM »

Tea should not contain milk and/or sugar

Preach.

Earl Grey, lemon, happiness.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2529 on: January 10, 2018, 02:59:06 AM »
I drink somewhere about a gallon of tea a day.  I typically boil about a half gallon, pour it into a gallon pitcher and plop in four bags of black tea (examples below) and let it steep for at least ten minutes.  Then I pour tap water (Portland water tastes pretty good) to fill the pitcher and stir.  Hot water in the winter, cold water and ice in the summer.  It's a weak tea, but that way I drink it continuously all day.

But I drink a lot of teas for pleasure.

Darjeeling tea with milk and sugar is one of the great gifts of God. Don't go cheap, it's pricey, but it's better that way. Make a pot of the tea and then experiment with different levels of cream and sugar until you find the right level.

Bangladeshi tea: tons of sugar with  some cream
Special cart tea: small cup of black tea with a scoop of Ovaltine and a generous dollop of condensed milk
Chai done right: boil the water with sticks of cinnamon, some cloves and pods of cardamon. After a few minutes, add the tea, take off the heat and steep.  Pour over sugar and milk.

Earl Grey tea is great as a basic.  I like it with cream and sugar or without.
If the burgamot is too strong, try Lady Grey, which also makes a great iced tea.

English breakfast is a good standard black tea.  PG Tips and Red Rose is also good.  But Yorkshire Gold is the primo stuff.

Smokey teas are awful, such as Russian Caravan or Lapsang.

I find Chamomile tea with honey to be the most soothing of the nighttime herbal teas.  But there's a lot to choose from.  Experiment.

"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

love