Author Topic: Dope Sheet #26  (Read 2000 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
Dope Sheet #26
« on: November 06, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »
For Scott Rosenburg regarding Superman III, wherever you are:

The scene that you described does happen, and it’s the most memorable scene from that movie for me.  It happens at the very end, the final battle between Sups and the supercomputer that Richard Pryor built.  The woman doesn’t just get plated, she gets Borg-ified by the supercomputer.  She with her brother, a Lex Luthor stand-in/business magnate are the two main villains; she wears a severe concrete grey business suit and an Anna Wintour bob.  If I could take one scene from a bad movie and make a good movie out of it, that scene would be it.  I’ve never watched since it was on cable, but I’m afraid the scene with its 80s special effects and real-person-acting-like-a-robot would probably be laughable.  I wasn’t as afraid as you, but it’s one of the more frightening parts of a Superman movie.

I share your pain and until now didn’t realize that there was anyone else out there that was affected by that scene.

Check out the imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086393

The character is “Vera Webster” played by Annie Ross.

DaveNJ

Dope Sheet #26
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 05:16:42 PM »
I really haven't totally recovered from my "The Shining" incident. I still can't get past that scene in the movie, and it's therefore impossible for me to finish the movie. Harrowing stuff.