love

Author Topic: Help me remember the movie where....  (Read 88808 times)

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
Re: Help me remember the movie where....
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 05:52:39 AM »
Brilliant.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 02:35:20 AM »
My friend and I were talking about a movie that traumatized him as a kid. It involved a ventriloquist serial killer. It's not Magic, which was suggested previously. He tells me that there was a scene where he painted himself as the wall and then did something scary. Thanks for your help. Or not.

Dear sam_mf_jackson,

You don't know me, but I just wanted to say how much I admire you for starting such a great and noble thread. It's a shame you don't hang out here anymore. You probably got pissed that nobody ever bothered to help you out in the very help thread you created. It's been a whole year, and — nothing. You're probably not even friends anymore with the guy who saw this ventriloquist movie. That's too bad. I kind of liked him. Maybe you should write him a letter. You know, try to repair some of what's been lost. If it helps, you can tell him that the movie he was thinking of is When a Stranger Calls Back. It was a made-for-cable movie that premiered on Showtime in 1993, fourteen years after the original When a Stranger Calls was in theaters. Or something. Smirnoff's seen it, ask him. Maybe he can give you some details that you can share with your long-lost friend so that he'll be like, "Oh! That's right! I totally remember that!" That's always a good feeling. And please tell your friend I said hi. Does he go to UConn by chance? There's another poster here now that goes there. It'd be hilarious if they were roommates or something.

Anyway. Just thought I'd say hello.

loo, cis,
pixote
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:39:31 AM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

VmSoze

• Elite Member
  • I am The Christmas Spirit! :)
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 02:53:09 PM »
you're amazing, pix... truly amazing

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 02:57:29 PM »
My friend and I were talking about a movie that traumatized him as a kid. It involved a ventriloquist serial killer. It's not Magic, which was suggested previously. He tells me that there was a scene where he painted himself as the wall and then did something scary. Thanks for your help. Or not.

Dear sam_mf_jackson,

You don't know me, but I just wanted to say how much I admire you for starting such a great and noble thread. It's a shame you don't hang out here anymore. You probably got pissed that nobody ever bothered to help you out in the very help thread you created. It's been a whole year, and — nothing. You're probably not even friends anymore with the guy who saw this ventriloquist movie. That's too bad. I kind of liked him. Maybe you should write him a letter. You know, try to repair some of what's been lost. If it helps, you can tell him that the movie he was thinking of is When a Stranger Calls Back. It was a made-for-cable movie that premiered on Showtime in 1993, fourteen years after the original When a Stranger Calls was in theaters. Or something. Smirnoff's seen it, ask him. Maybe he can give you some details that you can share with your long-lost friend so that he'll be like, "Oh! That's right! I totally remember that!" That's always a good feeling. And please tell your friend I said hi. Does he go to UConn by chance? There's another poster here now that goes there. It'd be hilarious if they were roommates or something.

Anyway. Just thought I'd say hello.

loo, cis,
pixote

I don't know who this sam_mf_jackson is, but I think he is dumb. If he does go to UConn he is a disgrace to the name of the Husky. Jerk.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 09:04:16 AM »
Yeah that movie is indeed When A Stranger Calls Back. I've mentioned it a couple times on the boards, as I'm a big fan. It traumatized me as well, but I love it. An effective thriller/suspense movie if there ever was one.

location-scout

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
[What is the the name of this movie that I'm going to describe? I'm letting you know some of the various happenings and events. Also, what are the names of the astors and actresses in this movie and what year was it released?
There's this guy who is a stuntman. The studio he works for has told him that he will be fired or terminated if he doesn't attend AA because of his drinking problem. tThe guy leaves,goes home and begins arguing with his wife. Then he leaves home and goes and rents a motel room. He was set up by thisterrorist group that he previously had worked for on the side, asa get away driver to earn extra money. ]The cops showed up at the motel because of an underaged girl being in the room and she told the cops that he raped her. This guy was arrested and taken to jail. A member of this terrorist group was also in the same jail. They were being transferred from the jail to prison and the terrorist puts bombs on the bus. As the bus passes over 5th or 6th street bridge in downtown Los Angeles,Ca the bus flips over onto it's side. The terrorist group gets their member and the stuntman off the bus and they shoots all of the guards. Then the  leader of the group tells the stuntman that he has a job that he want's him to do and he will get paied a large sum of money. All he has to do is drive. The stuntman says "Hell no" and begins whipping their asses. He then takes one of their cars and leaves. He goes back to explain to his wife that he did not do anything with the underaged girl and the cops go to their  house to arrest him. Then the terrorist group shoots the cops and kidnaps the stuntman and his wife. The leader of the group tells him that if he doesn't help them and do as they say; he and his wife both will be killed. So they all go to the terrorist groups hide out and it is called "Area 51" which is right of Los Angele,Ca. The group has the stuntman with them and they go and rob a bank or an armor car and the only reason they want him to do this is just  to see how good of a stuntman he is. It's a test for the real job. The U.S. President is coming to Los Angeles to an convention at the L.A.
convention center.The stuntmam has to kidnap the President and take him to "Area 51". The terrorist group pulls up to the convention center and a large number of terrorists jump out of an 18 wheeler trailer and shoots and kills the secret service men.I think the stuntman is an Italian, and his wife is Hispanic orgin. The terrorist group is African American.I think the actors an astresses are ,or might be B-rated and this movie might be a cable television made movie or directly for video. I have been tryin to find this movie for a long time and i hop someone out there in cyber space can help me!!!!!!!!.

P.S. I think it was on video on cable television.............

Thank you for your time,

Location-scout

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
What is the the name of this movie that I'm going to describe?

More info here.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
Someone in chat the other day was looking for a film, and he eventually posted about it here, but both his post and his profile seem to have disappeared.  Still, if you want to make vjon's day, perhaps someone remembers the film he's talking about:

[vjon] 11:30 pm: i think it was maybe an afterschool special or maybe like a saturday afternoon special

[vjon] 11:32 pm: but it was a movie about a little black boy who finds a cat and his mom wont let him keep it so he hides it and steals food from the store to feed it and. i remember that either the little boys name or the cats name was toby

[vjon] 11:33 pm: seems like it was set around christmas time i think

[vjon] 11:54 pm: mid to late 70's or early 80's

Someone knows this, right?

pixote
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:21:13 PM by pixote »

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 03:27:24 PM »

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »