Author Topic: Respond to the last movie you watched (Jan 2011 - Nov 2013)  (Read 2531554 times)

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
Re: Respond to the last movie you watched
« Reply #20080 on: November 03, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
What are bacon crisps?

Hm... I wonder that too to be honest. What exactly they are. They seem extremely artificial. It's some sort of puffed-up snack. Like cheez doodles but with bacon flavour and more noisy. It's the most noisy snack we have here in Sweden imo.

What, louder than Extreme Räkor Doritos??
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #20081 on: November 04, 2013, 01:04:58 AM »
What are bacon crisps?

Hm... I wonder that too to be honest. What exactly they are. They seem extremely artificial. It's some sort of puffed-up snack. Like cheez doodles but with bacon flavour and more noisy. It's the most noisy snack we have here in Sweden imo.

What, louder than Extreme Räkor Doritos??

Never heard of those so I can't tell. Tbh I'm not an expert in loud snacks, trying to stay as far away from them a possible.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #20082 on: November 04, 2013, 01:10:53 AM »

Before Midnight (2013)

What a lovely review! It reminds me of that I really, really need to write my own. I too think this series is getting better and better, as the characters mature and more layers are added.
This should defnitely not be the end of it. As I see it they're only halfway through. The final part will be when they're in the Amour range of age.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #20083 on: November 04, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »
The Counselor (Ridley Scott, 2013)

My four word review describing what the film really needed would be  "More Brad Pitt, less Cameron Diaz"

I think I liked about 60% of this movie.  There really needed to be some serious editing of the script and the film in my opinion.   There are some scenes that should've been cut completely, and some of the dialogue was just horrendous and unfortunately, they gave a lot of it to Diaz, who just can't handle it.  She is supposed to be this kingpin femme fatale, and she just can't deliver.  I felt like McCarthy was trying to make some conversations like the ending of No Country for Old Men, full of abstract meaning, and it just fell flat for me.

I did like the scenes between Brad Pitt and Fassbender, they played really well off each other, and the main storyline is good, I just wish someone else would've been cast instead of Diaz and that the script would've been a bit tighter with less jumping from scene to scene (some of which were unnecessary).
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #20084 on: July 05, 2022, 01:22:06 AM »
Die Wand (The Wall) ...  Rating: Fair (68)
9 years later, I catch up with this and have the same reactions.

love