love

Author Topic: Movie Buzz  (Read 297579 times)

AAAutin

• Elite Member
Re: Movie Buzz
« Reply #1570 on: July 11, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
Megan Ellison can only pay for so much. And I'm happy to contribute to any intriguing film prospect, no matter how high-profile the source.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1571 on: July 11, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1572 on: July 12, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1573 on: July 12, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
Need to drop Harmon. Dino deserves full creative control of everything. Hope this doesn't delay the 30 minute Moral Orel special or potential return of the series.

Interesting that this hasn't hit its goal yet while that Ouya thing broke all of the records.

Hard to believe that Dino would be willing to do a Skype call with someone (though I doubt he'd be picked over Harmon, but still), or that it wouldn't be terribly awkward for the caller given what little I've been able to parse together about him. Still, pretty dank.

$50 is a lot of money for a DVD. $75 or whatever Indie Game: The Movie is charging for its extended edition Blu-Ray is a lot of money for a Blu-Ray as well.

Not really sure what Dino and Harmon are doing either, aside from producing. I guess there are hands on producers, but Kaufman is doing the writing (figure he'll do the directing as well) so I'm not as excited as I was at the prospect of Dino's vision coming to the semi-big screen before I read the actual KickStarter thing instead of just the rewards stuff and typed accordingly. Wonder if they will be attached 'in name only' as a means to make money and gain notoriety for future projects through Starburns Industries.

That's a lotta cubits.

Wonder if this film will 'go the way of Evan Almighty'?

Totoro

« Reply #1574 on: July 12, 2012, 10:31:06 AM »
Uh, no, "Duke Johnson" is directing it...

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1576 on: July 12, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
Welcome to business. Hey, the last reboot turned out ok. Also, comic books do this all the time. Batman rebooted very recently, I think.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1577 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
The fact that they are already planning this makes me sick to my stomach. The studios have reached an all time low.

Warner Bros. isn't about to let the franchise die just because Nolan's done with it. It's much more troubling that they're working on ways to continue Harry Potter. Everything from rebotting the books as a television series, to telling stories of other side characters around the same time as Harry's, during Voldemort's first rise to power, or in the years after.

Plus, Aronofsky being attached is a heavily unsubstantiated rumor.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1578 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »
They need to go back to goofy, Adam West-style Batman.

Totoro

« Reply #1579 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
Welcome to business. Hey, the last reboot turned out ok. Also, comic books do this all the time. Batman rebooted very recently, I think.

8 years after the financial and critical disaster that was Batman & Robin. In that regard, they kind of had to. The Dark
Knight Rises will likely be either the top grossing or the second top grossing film of the year with mostly positive reviews.

I haven't seen the new Spiderman, but all of my close friends who did say it turned out awful. It is doing well financially, but I have no desire to see it.