love

Author Topic: What should I watch?  (Read 227687 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What should I watch?
« Reply #2650 on: November 12, 2019, 10:49:57 AM »
Trying to decide how to use my final A-List spot of the week. Any of these worth seeing?

Doctor Sleep
Terminator Dark Fate
Last Christmas
Motherless Brooklyn

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2651 on: November 12, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »
Stay home.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2652 on: November 12, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »
That was my a priori as an introvert.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2653 on: November 12, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »
I kinda liked Terminator. Worth it if you're a fan of Sarah Connor as played by Linda Hamilton.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2654 on: November 12, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »
Trying to decide how to use my final A-List spot of the week. Any of these worth seeing?

Doctor Sleep
Terminator Dark Fate
Last Christmas
Motherless Brooklyn

Isn't Motherless Brooklyn getting good buzz?  I am curious about Doctor Sleep but was weary given I always loved the Shining and Kubrick.  So far I haven't heard any buzz from it but see /Filmcast just reviewed it. So I may listen to the pre-spoiler section and decide to watch or just wait.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2655 on: November 12, 2019, 10:01:34 PM »
Couldn't sell myself on trying to struggle through Motherless Brooklyn. That trailer looks rough, and I have no faith in Norton playing a character like that without it going horribly wrong. It probably is the most 'important' of the bunch. Last Christmas has gotten some vague talk here and there that implies there's something more to it, but that it's still just a decent romcom centered around a holiday. I might see it, though I think my feeling of obligation will get me out to that car movie.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2656 on: November 12, 2019, 10:03:25 PM »
None of the four films have >59 ratings on Metacritic so Motherless Brooklyn can't be getting that strong of buzz. Of course all but Last Christmas have being >2 hours going against them (especially if I was going to watch them on a weeknight). All four seem more like "catch up on streaming or from the library down the road" kind of films. Especially since I saw 17 films in the theatre between Halloween and this past Sunday (mostly festival viewings) a break would probably be reasonable.

Not sure what else will be hitting my AMC this weekend but I do have Ford v Ferrari as an option, though I'll be prioritizing Charlie's Angels.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2657 on: November 12, 2019, 10:18:42 PM »
They opened a dine in AMC near the train station in Philly with a Dolby screen. Considered going to FvF in that one, but don't think I'll have enough time to make it after Marriage Story a few blocks up. Also, idk if I'd actually order food?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2658 on: November 14, 2019, 04:02:17 PM »
To express my last post in the modern vernacular:

Ford v Ferrari is also very long. Think Charlie’s Angels and Last Christmas sounds the choice double feature for the weekend. Also there is an Indian warrior princess film at my AMC this weekend that is well under 2 hours.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:04:39 PM by Bondo »

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2659 on: November 14, 2019, 09:27:46 PM »
FVF blows.

I'd be doing at least half of that double feature this weekend if I wasn't heading in to the city for ScarJo v. Driver.