Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592011 times)

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #1680 on: September 26, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
When do you find out, Martin?

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1681 on: September 26, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »
When do you find out, Martin?

I dunno.  They said they would call back for another round of interviews, but they couldn't say when because they're still working with HR to define the position (and hopefully come up with a better salary).

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1682 on: September 26, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
Not getting the job I tested for. :(

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #1683 on: September 26, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1684 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
Cleaning up the basement. A dirty, cobwebby mess which I am hoping to make into a usable room. Can you say "bachelor pad"? Alright, maybe just movie watching room, but still.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
« Reply #1685 on: September 27, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »
Writing down my reflections about Jane Eyre and The Shawshank Redemption. (No, not in the same post, even if it could make for an interesting connection perhaps.) I keep falling behind, watching new movies quicker than I manage to write about them.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1686 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Cleaning up the basement. A dirty, cobwebby mess which I am hoping to make into a usable room. Can you say "bachelor pad"? Alright, maybe just movie watching room, but still.

I so wish I had a basement or dedicated room for a HT.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1687 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
trying to finalized 2010 taxes....:(
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1688 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »

I was able to make it all happen in just one day. I will have to post a picture of my new Man "Movie Watching" Cave when I get the chance to actually utilize it.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1689 on: September 27, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »

I was able to make it all happen in just one day. I will have to post a picture of my new Man "Movie Watching" Cave when I get the chance to actually utilize it.

cool cool.  When I moved into my current apartment, I was close to converting the master bedroom to the HT/Audio room and was going to sleep in the spare bedroom.  The master bedroom had no connecting walls or floor to anybody so I wouldn't ever disturb anybody with noise.  In the end I decided to put it all in the living room but I am lucky that the walls are quite thick cement and the neighbors never complain since I can play it quite loud.

I may start looking for a new house soon and the first thing I always do it try to visualize where to setup the HT/audio stuff.