love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 591971 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #680 on: March 21, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
Compiling my preliminary "Best Tracks of 2011 - First Quarter" list. Any songs that demand listening to before it starts the finalization process?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #681 on: March 21, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »
Pondering whether, if my reaction is "who?", the director really needs a poll.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #682 on: March 21, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »
Pondering whether, if my reaction is "who?", the director really needs a poll.

After having posted some rather obscure director polls myself, I'm in no position to criticize.  But um... yeah, some of these new ones popping up seem pretty damn marginal.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #683 on: March 22, 2011, 10:48:43 PM »
What was supposed to be a nice birthday dinner with the family turned into a nightmare. My mother and brother were on their way to the restaurant in my car when it died, basically in the middle of the road. We thought it was just the battery so my dad and I went and got a new one and swapped it out, only to determine that something else was also wrong. Managed to get enough charge to move it into a hotel parking lot and called AAA. Our first time estimate was just over an hour. After 1:30, we called and were told that the driver had called us 3 times with no response. Must have had a wrong number because we got no calls. Then we were told it'd be another 30 min. After 45 more min, we were told another 30. And then "he's just getting gas, 10-15 min.". 30 min. later it became "any minute now". And after a total of 4 hrs., the driver showed. He said he never made any calls and never stopped for gas. Even worse, he was coming from a town that is, at most, 20 min. away from where we were. So basically, CINECAST! AAA.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #684 on: March 22, 2011, 10:58:32 PM »
It used to be that the main source of revenue for tow trucks was AAA.  Now they make a lot more money towing away random cars and being general jerks.  I wouldn't blame the AAA dispatch for this.  It's probably the tow truck driver lying, not AAA.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #685 on: March 22, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »
It used to be that the main source of revenue for tow trucks was AAA.  Now they make a lot more money towing away random cars and being general jerks.  I wouldn't blame the AAA dispatch for this.  It's probably the tow truck driver lying, not AAA.

I'm not really sure what reason he would have had to lie about it, they don't get paid if they don't make the pick up. Of course I'm also not sure why several people at AAA would lie either. But I know someone was.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #686 on: March 22, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »

I'm not really sure what reason he would have had to lie about it, they don't get paid if they don't make the pick up. Of course I'm also not sure why several people at AAA would lie either. But I know someone was.

He could have lied if he were doing other pick ups (of non-attended cars) first when he wasn't supposed to.  Or if he wasn't working when he was supposed to.  I can't think of any reason AAA would lie.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #687 on: March 23, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
Thanking everyone for their awesome engagement gratz and wishes yesterday. Hopefully things will calm down a bit after the wedding and I'll be back to bug you all.
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #688 on: March 23, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »
Thanking everyone for their awesome engagement gratz and wishes yesterday. Hopefully things will calm down a bit after the wedding and I'll be back to bug you all.

where y'all planning on living?

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #689 on: March 23, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »
Retiring.

I guess this was for serious  :'(  also, deleting post to prevent the awesomeness?

love