Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 292433 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #7230 on: January 26, 2020, 04:42:55 PM »
Left China last night for Hong Kong due to some rumours that Guanghzhou may go into lockdown.  The streets were very quite the last couple of days, which probably would be normal due to CNY but also maybe due to people avoid going out. I saw 5 buses yesterday go by with only a driver on board.  Had a few wonderful meals and gathering with friends but it was all a bit stressful. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #7231 on: January 26, 2020, 04:46:16 PM »
Be safe. Hope you make it back home with little trouble.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #7232 on: January 28, 2020, 12:09:59 AM »
Yeah, when I heard they were building a second hospital in Wuhan, I got even more worried. I hear you can't buy a surgical mask at some locations on the West Coast of the US. Might be rumor...

I am not concerned here in Redcliffe, but John said to stockpile some baked beans, just in case.  ;D
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #7233 on: January 28, 2020, 01:34:56 AM »
Yeah, when I heard they were building a second hospital in Wuhan, I got even more worried. I hear you can't buy a surgical mask at some locations on the West Coast of the US. Might be rumor...

I am not concerned here in Redcliffe, but John said to stockpile some baked beans, just in case.  ;D

It is very difficult to find surgical masks anywhere out here at the moment, but we had some already so where ok. But many people have them anyways since it is common practice in many countries for ppl to wear them when ever they feel sick or they want to avoid getting sick from people around them. Especially in Japan and Korea. In Singapore people usually wear them when the smoke comes in from Indonesia when ever they burn the fields to plant crops.

John is correct, you never can go wrong with a stockpile of baked beans.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • My tinypic changed so no avatar for a little while
« Reply #7234 on: January 28, 2020, 03:33:16 AM »

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #7235 on: January 31, 2020, 04:25:58 AM »
Looks like i might be banned from going to work for the next week based on latest gov’t proposed measures.  a few were not too comfortable that I was in the office for 2 days this week, I had a call from HR to check on how I was feeling on Thursday.

pixote

• Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
I think I'd love how awkward it'd be, or how awkward it should be.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
  • A Monkey with a Gun
    • Creative Criticism
« Reply #7237 on: February 11, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »
Woo! Thanks for your work.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • My tinypic changed so no avatar for a little while
« Reply #7238 on: February 14, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »
The weather is warm and drizzly. Not the best for auctioning our house. Still hopefully in 1 hour the auction will have successfully.

Beavermoose

• Elite Member
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #7239 on: February 15, 2020, 04:48:21 AM »
The weather is warm and drizzly. Not the best for auctioning our house. Still hopefully in 1 hour the auction will have successfully.

Hope it went well! It's a nice house!  ;D