Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 591919 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #540 on: February 28, 2011, 04:39:25 PM »
I know that some of you will be participating in the Filmspot chat tonight and I am here to welcome you to enjoy that chat with me and my friends. The chat starts at 700 with an undetermined end time. My radio show, Here's the Thing Radio, airs tonight from 10pm-12am EST. So if you are still in chat or just getting out, come listen to our very funny show, with special guest comedian Mike Cody. Simply go to www.bearcastradio.com and click listen!

I kind of hate whoring myself out like this, but it is sweeps week and we need as many listeners as we can get. And if you've never listened before, tonight would be a perfect night to tune in. As always, if listening live is inconvenient, the show will also be available in podcast form later in the week on our blog.

Hope you tune in!

Adam
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:13:54 PM by Corndog »
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »
Just to clarify: The Filmspot chat starts at 7pm EST (not 7:30pm) and will probably run about two hours.

omg, that's just an hour from now!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #542 on: February 28, 2011, 05:14:21 PM »
You should have edited my post then, moderator...

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #543 on: February 28, 2011, 11:55:15 PM »
Wishing someone would fill me in on the Filmspot winners. (Pretty please?)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #544 on: March 01, 2011, 12:25:05 AM »
I was only on for a half hour, but I found out that Never Let Me Go won best cinematography, Toy Story 3 won best animated, and Mother won best non-English language film.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
I was only on for a half hour, but I found out that Never Let Me Go won best cinematography, Toy Story 3 won best animated, and Mother won best non-English language film.
Thanks! Yay for Never Let Me Go!

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »
If anyone has the time from 2pm-4pm to tune in to listen to some music I like, feel free. I am hosting a special episode on Bearcast Radio because it is sweeps week. Just go to bearcastradio.com and click "Listen". I feel so bad whoring this stuff out...I swear, I'm not trying to spam.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #547 on: March 03, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
Becoming increasingly upset with kids. I understand my little girl is sensitive about things like others hurting bugs or animals or trees. I also understand she gets on the nerves of a lot of her class mates because she willingly pals around with the slower kids who get made fun of all the time. But, these are admirable traits that kids refuse to see, and that's why last year not a single one of her so called friends bothered to show up to her birthday party. And again this year it's looking like it's going to be the same. Her mom and I love her to death of course, but there's only so much we can do and that means it will be another birthday party day full of a very heartbroken four year old crying a lot.  :'(

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #548 on: March 03, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »
I just added a playlist to my YouTube channel for the Inception soundtrack. Despite liking the movie less and less the more I think about it, I'm now close to calling it a really terrible film, I love the soundtrack, absolutely love it. Weird...

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #549 on: March 03, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
"I can't get the soundtrack from Inception out of my head. But it does make everything I'm doing seem much more important." - Paul Feig