love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 591816 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #550 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
Becoming increasingly upset with kids. I understand my little girl is sensitive about things like others hurting bugs or animals or trees. I also understand she gets on the nerves of a lot of her class mates because she willingly pals around with the slower kids who get made fun of all the time. But, these are admirable traits that kids refuse to see, and that's why last year not a single one of her so called friends bothered to show up to her birthday party. And again this year it's looking like it's going to be the same. Her mom and I love her to death of course, but there's only so much we can do and that means it will be another birthday party day full of a very heartbroken four year old crying a lot.  :'(

Sounds like she needs new friends. How would she like a pen pal? I have a kindergartner who is just learning to write--it would be a lot of fun for her. If you are interested, just PM me and I'll have her send a letter.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #551 on: March 03, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
Working late. Booo!

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #552 on: March 03, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »
Becoming increasingly upset with kids. I understand my little girl is sensitive about things like others hurting bugs or animals or trees. I also understand she gets on the nerves of a lot of her class mates because she willingly pals around with the slower kids who get made fun of all the time. But, these are admirable traits that kids refuse to see, and that's why last year not a single one of her so called friends bothered to show up to her birthday party. And again this year it's looking like it's going to be the same. Her mom and I love her to death of course, but there's only so much we can do and that means it will be another birthday party day full of a very heartbroken four year old crying a lot.  :'(
Children can be really cruel.  I'm sorry, Bill.  It's really tough to know how, as a parent, how to handle a situation like this. Have you or her mom talked to her teacher?

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
Children can be really cruel.  I'm sorry, Bill.  It's really tough to know how, as a parent, how to handle a situation like this. Have you or her mom talked to her teacher?

That's a bit of a tough subject. I would like too, but I'm still not at the stage where I think I can tell Sarah, "Hey, this shouldn't be happening, I'm going to talk to her teacher." So, that leaves it in Sarah's hands and she shies away from confrontation so much that nothing ever gets done about the situation.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #554 on: March 04, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »
Searching Google for "a time for burning" shoah "harvey milk" and hitting the I'm Feeling Lucky button. Interesting result.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #555 on: March 04, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »
Getting excited to record the first episode of what is currently known as Canon Fodder.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #556 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
That's a bit of a tough subject. I would like too, but I'm still not at the stage where I think I can tell Sarah, "Hey, this shouldn't be happening, I'm going to talk to her teacher." So, that leaves it in Sarah's hands and she shies away from confrontation so much that nothing ever gets done about the situation.
Hmm, yeah, that's tricky - I guess the best you can do at this point is give moral/emotional support. Will be hoping things improve somehow.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #557 on: March 04, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »
Searching Google for "a time for burning" shoah "harvey milk" and hitting the I'm Feeling Lucky button. Interesting result.

My site made the first page of results!

edit: Boy, I really need to spruce up my website, it's long overdue.  I don't even have "Home" links anywhere.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #558 on: March 04, 2011, 03:28:03 PM »
It's SUPER easy to navigate though. I like that a lot.

I wish the filmspotting community had a catalogue system like that for our collective reviews.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #559 on: March 04, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
I wish the filmspotting community had a catalogue system like that for our collective reviews.
Who's got nothing to do this weekend?  :)
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

love