Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592024 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #800 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »
I feel like I should be redesigning now, but to do that, I'd have to take a leap I'm not quite prepared for yet. It will probably be a summer project.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #801 on: April 05, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »
Trying to figure out what the music is in this commercial. It is killing me.

Lexus ad
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #802 on: April 05, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
O yea, You probably heard it in Atonement. It's Clair de lune.

You're welcome.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #803 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
Thanks Bill, and no joke. If you had not done the stuff to your blog, I would not have thought/been motivated to put more work into cleaning mine up. I still have to add some more links and I think I'm going to transfer some of my work from here so I have it on my blog, like my Directors marathon and some of my more thought out things. Apparently I am starting to take my blog a little more serious.

It's a fine line to tread, whether to take your blog seriously or have fun with it. I think the key is to fall in the middle of those two trains of thought. I need to take my blog seriously and make it look good because people are reading it, as my readers I owe them the best product I can give them, so I clean up my blog and fix it when I don't think it is working for them. But, I love movies, that's why I write about them. I don't ever want to stop having fun writing about them and sharing my experiences and thoughts with others. Don't take it too seriously, but don't treat your blog like a joke, find a solid middle ground. That's my advice at least.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #804 on: April 05, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »

You're welcome.

Debussy! Damn! I knew it. I knew and yet I couldn't place it and now I feel incredibly stupid. And actually, I didn't remember it from Atonement at all.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #805 on: April 05, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »

You're welcome.

Debussy! Damn! I knew it. I knew and yet I couldn't place it and now I feel incredibly stupid. And actually, I didn't remember it from Atonement at all.
I don't either. I just know it's somewhere in the movie cuz I bought the soundtrack. It's one of those classical pieces I hear a lot for some odd reason.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #806 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »
You guys actually remember it from Twilight.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #807 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »
Back at work and checking the forum for the first time in almost a week.

I'm all moved in to my new apartment.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2011, 03:38:53 PM »
Working out the kinks so I can watch movies on my good laptop off the DVD player on my bad laptop. My good laptop doesn't have an optical drive and my bad laptop has a bad connection to the monitor. Theoretically I should be able to run the film remotely but it hasn't panned out yet.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »
Prepping for class tonight - my first day of spring quarter.  Only 72 days 'til summer break!

Good luck! Let us know how your first day went!
Thanks! I will.
A great first day.  A number of non-traditional (read: older than 18 or 19) students are in the class - I always appreciate the maturity they bring to a room - and a large number of students who seem to be taking the course because they are really interested in Am lit and genuinely love to read, not just because they need a particular credit.

It's a very full class, which always makes discussion tricky, but we listened to Sherman Alexie's "Breaking and Entering" last night, and a good portion of the class had some incredibly insightful things to say about it. 

Should be a fun quarter. :)