love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 591959 times)

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #810 on: April 06, 2011, 05:25:51 PM »
Replacing my fourth lost license. This time an out-of-state one. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't be me.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #811 on: April 06, 2011, 05:43:29 PM »
and a large number of students who seem to be taking the course because they are really interested in Am lit and genuinely love to read, not just because they need a particular credit.

Heh, I would have taken more lit classes (I took one) if they didn't make you write those blasted literary analyses. Perhaps odd for someone who loves writing about film but I was always terrible at them and it made me hate English classes even though I enjoyed the books I was reading for them.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #812 on: April 06, 2011, 07:03:52 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't be me.

Duly noted.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #813 on: April 07, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »
Working on a treatment.

You know how sometimes you put in all this effort, and you look, and you've written like a half a page, and you're like, is that it?

I know I'm doing good stuff, I just wish there was more of it. When I print this I want it to have real weight you know? Not just be four flimsy pages.

Oh, and equally, I need a better title for this film. The one I have works, but it's so insular, and the tone is all wrong, and there are all these implications that just don't match the film.

Eh.

Also: realising this thing is a whole lot more autobiography than I meant it to be. Stupid self awareness.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:41:05 AM by FifthCityMuse »

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #814 on: April 07, 2011, 08:26:04 AM »
Just submitted my application to become a member of the Online Film Critics Society. The only part that really worried me was the last part about the need for them to be able to easily navigate my blog and find my most recent 100 reviews. They gave me the option to provide links to my last 100 reviews, but I decided not to. I figured that the fact that all of my reviews have dates on them, and that I have a calendar, as well as an archive tab, built into my blog should make it very easy to navigate. I'm still worried they might not think it is though, and I may have messed up by not just providing links to my last 100 reviews.  :-\

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #815 on: April 07, 2011, 10:06:54 AM »
You da Man, Bill. You da Man.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
Just submitted my application to become a member of the Online Film Critics Society. The only part that really worried me was the last part about the need for them to be able to easily navigate my blog and find my most recent 100 reviews. They gave me the option to provide links to my last 100 reviews, but I decided not to. I figured that the fact that all of my reviews have dates on them, and that I have a calendar, as well as an archive tab, built into my blog should make it very easy to navigate. I'm still worried they might not think it is though, and I may have messed up by not just providing links to my last 100 reviews.  :-\

I think you'd be a good member. There's a nice, raw 'from the gut' element to your reviews that so many other reviewers don't embrace, including myself (except that Devil's Backbone review. I couldn't hold back).
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #817 on: April 07, 2011, 02:57:39 PM »
I'm at work and want to watch a movie on my iPhone. Tell me what I should watch from instant!
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

enzobot24

« Reply #818 on: April 07, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
Working on a treatment.

You know how sometimes you put in all this effort, and you look, and you've written like a half a page, and you're like, is that it?

I know I'm doing good stuff, I just wish there was more of it. When I print this I want it to have real weight you know? Not just be four flimsy pages.

Oh, and equally, I need a better title for this film. The one I have works, but it's so insular, and the tone is all wrong, and there are all these implications that just don't match the film.

Eh.

Also: realising this thing is a whole lot more autobiography than I meant it to be. Stupid self awareness.

The best titles usually come after you've finished a story. Once all that planning and editing anxiety is gone, you can really take a step back and make a kickass title.
Most recent DVD purchase: A Very Long Engagement
Most recent Blu-ray purchase: Paprika

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #819 on: April 07, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
I usually start with a title and work from there. For example, right now I'm working on a script called Surrender Monkeys. Inspired by the Simpsons line. It's an animated film about French monkeys who must protect France from an attack by German Gorillas.

I just made all that up right now. You may steal my idea at will.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

love