love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 592403 times)

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #980 on: May 01, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »
Making drastic script changes.

I've just compressed the whole thing by about 2 pages, and seeing as it was only around 5 to begin with, that's significant. But it's odd, the way that I can tell that while it's gotten narratively worse, or that it's too brief, too abrupt, it's also significantly more honest. Deeper. That the emotion and subtext is clearer, in a good way. It'll still need another draft, but it's better now.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #981 on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
Last weekend I rode to the park in shorts in a t-shirt. This morning there's 2 inches of slow on the ground and it's blowing like stink. I really thought winter was over this time! :(

We had an inch on the ground here as well, though I still went to the gym in a t-shirt. Spring=Bondo scraping ice off his windshield in a t-shirt.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #982 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »
Very nice.

What type?

A Vizio. We've had good experiences with them. This is the "smart" version, too. Netflix! (if we had Netflix!)
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #983 on: May 01, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »
Wife and I making our separate lists of our Top 100 Pixar characters. Features and shorts.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #984 on: May 01, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »
They have that many characters?

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #985 on: May 01, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Just did a preliminary list of 143 and that excludes brief roles like Nemo's mom or Ratzenberger's cameo in Up.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #986 on: May 01, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Just finished voting for the Lammys. Maybe some Filmspotters got a a few votes from me, but I'll never tell!
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #987 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
I'm gonna have to wait till next weekend when I don't have looming finals.

So yea, that's what I'm doing, writing my biggest final, which I've got about a page and a half to finish before the whole editing process begins.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #988 on: May 01, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »
Just finished voting for the Lammys. Maybe some Filmspotters got a a few votes from me, but I'll never tell!

I did this last week, you got a lot of votes from me, so did Sam. The only other active FSer who had a blog that I saw in the LAMB Blogroll was The Reelists, I think, I voted for them as well.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #989 on: May 01, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »

I did this last week, you got a lot of votes from me, so did Sam. The only other active FSer who had a blog that I saw in the LAMB Blogroll was The Reelists, I think, I voted for them as well.

One of the results of spending a decent amount of time here at the Filmspotting message boards and reading different opinions on different films turned many of us into better writers. Confidence in formulating opinions into cohesive reviews and a better understanding of film genres are what I took away from spending a good few months here before starting Between the Seats back in September of 2008.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/