love

Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 590070 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #1260 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
Waiting for my frozen Giordano's to dethaw.  They charge an arm an a leg for shipping, but if it's half as good as getting it fresh from the restaurant it'll be worth it.  The number one thing I miss about living in Chicago is the pizza.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1261 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
Hmm, so I guess that's the place I need to stop when I'm there in a week or so? I've asked around before and gotten a few names, but I'm still whittling down the place to get pizza from when I'm there.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1262 on: July 07, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
Waiting for my frozen Giordano's to dethaw.  They charge an arm an a leg for shipping, but if it's half as good as getting it fresh from the restaurant it'll be worth it.  The number one thing I miss about living in Chicago is the pizza.

You are sharing it, right?  I just looked at it and can not imagine eating more then a slice.  I grew near The Silo Pizza place North of Chicago so that was the usually family outing but those pizza look like wimpy now compared to Giordano's.  Now I just like the NY style and not all that cheese and dough... but it does look good
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1263 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »

You are sharing it, right?  I just looked at it and can not imagine eating more then a slice.  I grew near The Silo Pizza place North of Chicago so that was the usually family outing but those pizza look like wimpy now compared to Giordano's.  Now I just like the NY style and not all that cheese and dough... but it does look good

No, just me.  Fortunately, it reheats nicely, and isn't bad cold, either.

However, I have to say the frozen is not as good as the real deal.  The cheese has a weird gluey consistency and there's not enough sauce or meat.  Still better than regular pizza, but not the slice of home I was hoping for.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1264 on: July 07, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
I could never convince my friends here the pleasure of cold pizza.  They think its nuts, I guess it was cause they never lived away for college where you would just eat the pizza that was sitting on the table from the night before.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #1265 on: July 07, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »
I could never convince my friends here the pleasure of cold pizza.  They think its nuts, I guess it was cause they never lived away for college where you would just eat the pizza that was sitting on the table from the night before.

That's not a pleasure, it's called settling. ;)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1266 on: July 07, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
My favorite pizza place here has great pizza hot but I'm almost convinced it is better cold (like refrigerated). It is super great.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1267 on: July 07, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
FLY can tolerate cold pizza, I guess, but I always found it so much better with Woody Paige. If it's not hot, it's not what I want.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1268 on: July 07, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »
One of my friends wants to open a cold pizza breakfast restaurant. Also, I have been craving pizza the last few days. This will be remedied tomorrow for dinner  ;D
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #1269 on: July 07, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
One of my friends wants to open a cold pizza breakfast restaurant. Also, I have been craving pizza the last few days. This will be remedied tomorrow for dinner  ;D

If your friend asks you to invest in his restaurant idea, I would pass.